Student rooms / apartment share in Stockholm / Copenhagen

Guest Fulci

Guest Fulci

I'm about to finish college, an Architecture degree, and I was thinking of going either to Copenhagen or Stockholm for my internship. I am looking for rooms there and I'm looking for prices right now. I wont be going there until later this year, or maybe the begining of next one.

So, do you know any site where I can look for rooms or appartment share in either of these cities? How much does a room rental cost there?

Guest Fulci

Plus, I'll be going there on my own, and I don't know anyone there, so, how are Swedes or Danish people socially like? Is it an easy country to make friends?

• 2 weeks later...

Stockholm is great. People are easy going, and quite well open to people. And you will go by well just knowing Swedish. If you have certain hobbies that you do in groups, then that is perfect as in that way you can quite easily interact with new people. And people at your work/college will be more than happy to be friends. Just sometimes you have to take the first step, but keep in mind, a small is just what you need to take. Only problem are the winter nights. But they can be fun if you know people to go to cafes with or whatever you like doing. =]

hope it helps

in my opinion scandinavians (in particular danish) are quite reserved and hard to get to know. they are definitely not as welcoming or friendly as spanish or turkish. if you dont know anyone it might be lonely unless you can hang out with co-workers, etc. accomodations are expensive, not exactly sure of the numbers though. (i live in a subsidized student residence) i know that my friends have rented a 1 bedroom flat for about 1000 USD (month)