usa :: portland :: general

cureOne

I have no idea what thats talking about.

Who wants to get a drink or three monday night (June 3rd)?

lets take em to your Rockabilly bar

The bar that nobody i've ever met in Portland has ever been to.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

saw kiya in town today, is self edge portland happening or what?

Thats super creep status.  

Where were you?

I come to your fine city for the food, coffee, beer, Tanner crew, and Sassy's.

Edited by kiya

A brief guide to Portland's best parks

Forest Park: Located in NW, this is Portland's largest park and has around 70 miles of running/hiking trails, including Wildwood Trail and Leif Erickson. Check out Lower Macleay if you're short on time.  

Washington Park: A good family spot --  the Oregon Zoo, Hoyt Arboretum, Rose Garden, and Japanese Garden are all located here. Good views of the city and Mt. Hood on a clear day. 

Waterfront: A must-see for any visit to Portland, the Waterfront is the best place to get geographically oriented with the city. Lots of homeless and teenagers hanging out can sometimes kill the vibe. Walk on the Eastbank Esplanade for views of downtown.

Colonel Summers Park: The most "SE Portland" park in SE Portland. A lot of people like to compare it to Mission Dolores in SF, but there is no comparison. Not a personal favorite, but worth checking out if you're in the area. Modest Mouse owns a house near the basketball courts. 

Mt. Tabor: An extinct volcano, Mt. Tabor is a really chill spot to hang out or take a date, best views of the city at sunset. A bit deeper SE, but still easily accessible. There are also a couple big reservoirs here. 

Laurelhurst Park: A quintessential park in Portland if there was one. Lots of people come here to meet up on sunny days. Good for kids and dogs too. 

Irving Park: NE's foremost park has a real community feel, great for recreation --  especially pickup basketball. Lots of people come here with their dogs and kids like they do Laurelhurst. No tourists. 

Cathedral Park: This park is located directly under North Portland's St. Johns Bridge, which makes for a really cool mix of man-made and natural beauty. It's a pain to get there by bike or car, making it uncrowded and serene. Also, Gus Van Sant filmed a scene here for My Own Private Idaho.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an apartment on Mississippi for the rest of the year, its party time.

Just got an apartment on Mississippi for the rest of the year, its party time.

My liver is doomed.