Breaking in Pre-Washed Jeans (My first denim project)

Yeah, I know, I know, I shouldn't have bought these, but since I already have I might as well do something with them. I've read about a lot of people getting awesome fades and creases (and even minor honeycombs) over their pre-washed/distressed jeans. Anyways, I bought a pair of Dark Slim Straights the other day, they were pre-washed and pre-distressed, I didn't think anything of them, then I discovered sufu yesterday... and yes, I'm pretty impressed by the honeycombs and some of the fading people have with raw jeans. I already have fading on my jeans, but I'm trying to recreate honeycombs (to an extent) and here's where the Pre-washed jeans project comes in:

(Sorry for the bad lighting, I have no digital camera and these were taken from my cell.)

Before:

Photo-0221.jpg

Photo-0222.jpg

(After a few hours of sitting, Disgusting leg openings though, at least I don't like them, oh well, I cuff them anyways)

At One Day:

Photo-0224.jpg

Photo-0223.jpg

Little to no improvement. Anyways, Fade isn't what I'm looking for, I just want honeycombs, and I know it's not the purpose for most people but that's my objective.

Anyways, here are they back of the knees after a day of sitting:

I'm trying to get this:

Photo-0226.jpg

As close as possible to this:

b832.jpg

I'm worried that the jeans will revert to how I bought them after I wash, is there a way to prevent this?

Anyways, I'll keep you guys updated from time to time, if possible. My thanks goes to the people in the other thread for motivation. :)

-- Alex

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well good luck you might need it.. specially when the rest of the gang see's this post

Okay... I'll listen to you. What are you trying to tell me?

I'm trying to get honeycombs, Are you saying that they won't honeycomb behind the knees (or whatever the verb is for that), or what? You can't just start griping at me and not tell me why.

jesus i hoped for this idiots sake this thread would fall to the second page and so forth but people caught on and he's now defending him self ... sort of. give up kid, take a minute read through some of the other threads and you might get it a little better. you might like this place a little better: www.honestforum.com, they love washes like that pair of a&f

jesus i hoped for this idiots sake this thread would fall to the second page and so forth but people caught on and he's now defending him self ... sort of. give up kid, take a minute read through some of the other threads and you might get it a little better. you might like this place a little better: www.honestforum.com, they love washes like that pair of a&f

Where am I defending my self, and what am I defending myself against? I don't need to defend myself to justify a purchase of jeans. I will still wear them I just want to know if I can get them to honeycomb in the back, that's all. Can it happen? And if it does, will it fade after I put them in the laundry the first time?

wet the back of your knees a little and then starch and bend.

sandpaper the creases that form.

some guy posted nudie ralfs a while ago that he sped up by doing that.

they came out very very nice.

of course, they never looked as shitty (sorry) as the jeans your starting with, but you should be able to get something.

you could totally wear pre-distressed jeans and still get some good aging out of them. for example, here's a pre-distressed omnigod someone in japan wore the crap out of:

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fdenim-gallery.heavy.jp%2Fother-denim-collection%2Fomnigod-50021a.html&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

but unfortunately, the denim you got, phoenix, already looks way too distressed to add your own flavor to it. (plus, it doesn't look that durable.)

go out and buy two cans of starch, (thats one for each leg) then continuously spray the back of your knees till there is no starch left. go sit in the sun for the rest of the day till they harden up real nice like. Then go buy an exercise bike and ride it with your jeans on for 2hours everyday, you'll have sick combs in no time.

you can get fades on almost any pair of jeans, the thing is it will take time and those are some of the most horrid looking jeans I've ever seen. definitely candidates for the ugliest jeans thread.

My concern isn't that you couldn't eventually get honeycombs on these, but that you'd have to spend a considerable amount of time in those monstrosities....but I mean somebody has to wear A&F jeans right?

wet the back of your knees a little and then starch and bend.

sandpaper the creases that form.

some guy posted nudie ralfs a while ago that he sped up by doing that.

they came out very very nice.

of course, they never looked as shitty (sorry) as the jeans your starting with, but you should be able to get something.

Thanks :), but should I wait until the starch dries before I sand it?

you could totally wear pre-distressed jeans and still get some good aging out of them. for example, here's a pre-distressed omnigod someone in japan wore the crap out of:

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fdenim-gallery.heavy.jp%2Fother-denim-collection%2Fomnigod-50021a.html&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

but unfortunately, the denim you got, phoenix, already looks way too distressed to add your own flavor to it. (plus, it doesn't look that durable.)

Yeah, the construction isn't that great, But thanks a lot I'll just wear them and do whatever I can dig up.

go out and buy two cans of starch, (thats one for each leg) then continuously spray the back of your knees till there is no starch left. go sit in the sun for the rest of the day till they harden up real nice like. Then go buy an exercise bike and ride it with your jeans on for 2hours everyday, you'll have sick combs in no time.

:D Thanks bro.

I think i'll try the starch thing... I might do sandpaper or just biking...

you can get fades on almost any pair of jeans, the thing is it will take time and those are some of the most horrid looking jeans I've ever seen. definitely candidates for the ugliest jeans thread.

My concern isn't that you couldn't eventually get honeycombs on these, but that you'd have to spend a considerable amount of time in those monstrosities....but I mean somebody has to wear A&F jeans right?

Thanks. :P

Yeah, it was sort of an impulse buy, I'll make sure not to do it again.

i aint reading.. ill just wait for cheep.. DD. CMF to tell you that you will get shit from them..

i love how edmond's such an expert now he now speaks on cheap's behalf....

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=3526

the first page has a nice pair of washed levi's red's that were worn to further break them in.

Anyways, I think I'll do the starching thing, how much starch should I put on the jeans, and how often? Do I have to wash after I starch or can I just startch and keep wearing them for months on time?

i love how edmond's such an expert now he now speaks on cheap's behalf....

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=3526

the first page has a nice pair of washed levi's red's that were worn to further break them in.

Dude, that's amazing. So is there a longer time frame to breaking in these? Like I have a friend who hasn't washed his nudies since he has gotten them (7 months or so ago). Is there a way to clean them or at least conceal the smell? I would prefer an unscented jean, but if I have to I guess I could spray it with cologne or febreeze or something. :P