bands I like that are of social questionably- thus requiring validation from the gods

keagan

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what the heck is nu-emo that you keep referring to, is that like a kerrang catchphrase or something?

i'd really like to know about this old emo that apparently was way more socially acceptable than supposed nu-emo

First up, 'nu-emo' is just my way of distinguishing late 90s-2000s emo(tional hardcore) revival from 90s indie-emo and 80s emo(tional hardcore).

As to Underoath, they're very much in the same vein as Glassjaw, in that they have a slighly questionable fanbase who listen to about 5 songs that Aaron sings on and skip everything else. In fact, looking through iTunes I reckon there's only about 10 songs ever released that Aaron has a major part in, and most of them are on one album.

Also, they were seriously, seriously good live last November. Spencer is a fucking beast onstage, one of the best shows I saw last year (and by my last count I saw about 90 bands in 2006).

as for Finch and Rival Schools.. i can budge on RS, but Finch, catchy? Not to me.

And the only reason they're not pretentious is because they're about as dumb as fucking rocks... music for wannabe enlightened frat boys.

The hell? The first album were pure pop genius, every song riddled with massive hooks.

The second, on the other hand, was actually seriously meritable... had the stench of Deftones, Incubus and Glassjaw all over it (the latter being somewhat unsurprising considering Daryl Palumbo was their vocal tutor). Then again, you don't like Glassjaw so nevermind.

... of superculture.

1; Glassjaw, legit group of human beings, really spinechillingly good, But signed to warner bros, fans are often fans of shitty bands (MCR, FOB, AFI, Chiodos, ect), and when someone walks into my room and I am listening to glassjaw I get embarrassed. :o :o

2; The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Great band....

But, pseudo artrock, yeah. Shithead 13 year old little girls go to their gigs and when someone walks into my room and I am listening to the yeah yeah yeahs I get embarrassed. :o :o :o

3; METRIC, Emily Hanes is beautiful.

Again, shithead 15~ year old gay boys and girls fans who also associate themselfs with "political activism" and pretend to go "vegan" for a week also like them and when someone walks into my room and I am listening to METRIC I get embarrassed. :o :o

4; ADULT., ADULT. sucks, hard. I went to one of their gigs back in Detroit and I left with a headache and a erection. But for some reason- once or twice a week i'll get high and throw on anxiety always and love it.

5; Walls Of Jericho; Fucking brutial band, great live, and that Candace girl is fucking hottttttttttttt but she is probably gay. Andwhen ever I goto one of their gigs I end up getting into fights with 19309418239 pseudo tough guys, and there past records have been on metal blade and they sound like nu-metal , to I think a lot of real tough guys have dismissed them as "poserz" also when someone walks into my room and I am listening to the walls of jericho I get embarrassed. :o :o

You're really interested in demographics, arent you?

What's the percentage of armenians living in glendale, california?

Guest StuckOnStupid
Andwhen ever I go to one of their gigs I end up getting into fights with 19309418239 pseudo tough guys

Ummm....yeah....

520679103_b3acc91dd4_o.jpg

Maybe pillow fights....

I know that Aaron drums... is he the only founder member left now? Must be just about. Until you post just now I never even knew who the hell The Almost were.

Can't say I'm a big fan of Dallas' vocals, too black-metal chipmunk shouty, and Spencer's vocals on TOCS weren't so great on account of imitating Dallas the whole way through. The vocals on DtGL have some seriously beastly shit on them though.

Have you heard anything of Dallas' new band? Keep forgetting to check them out.

The second, on the other hand, was actually seriously meritable... had the stench of Deftones, Incubus and Glassjaw all over it (the latter being somewhat unsurprising considering Daryl Palumbo was their vocal tutor).

Having the stench of Incubus on you is like saying you willingly are choosing to suck total ass. ANNA MOLLY, ANNA MOLLY.

Having the stench of the Deftones on you is like admitting that you tried, despite knowing that you were going to fail.

Nothing can top the Deftones. Ever. Who's down with the 'Tones?

Me, as you already know.

As to Incubus, Science was the fucking shit (except for a couple of completely failed diversions into jazz).

I feel like a lot of bands from that era went horribly wrong, and Deftones are the only band to have matured gracefully. There is no scientific explanation for this phenomenon.