juxtapoz?

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

Man, this magazine's been around forever, coverin different kinds of art.

But for $ome rea$on, the past half-year to a year of issues have taken a turn into Futura / Neckface / Kaws land. I think it really kicked off with their Street Art issue, and I got the most recent issue in the mail today and now they have a regular "fashion" spread with all the latest hype Bape gear and Stussy shirts. Lots of action-figure/toy stuff now, and basically, a completely re-vamped look for the publication.

The thing that also blew me away was the current issue has a Nike SB advertisement in it. Now if that doesnt tell you how much things have changed, then..

Anyways, I'm not saying whether it's a good or bad thing, because obviously I still have a subscription. But just shows you what people are interested in these days.

thehundreds is huge.

www.thehundreds.com

The Os Gemeos issue was cool, and the current Futura issue is cool. Overall, the quality has been pretty crappy, but they seem to be pushing it into a new direction and it's been getting decent. If they can avoid doing features on whoever's doing the most wheatpaste damage in Frisco this month or whoever has the most sticker ups in the Lower East Side, they'll be ok. I got to say that if I see another article on <insert hipster street artists name here> new limited edition toy, I'll drop to the floor and flip flop like a mullet.

the next time i have to talk to you, you wont be alive enough to hear it

a lot of the issues are on the nutsack of trendy "undergroundedness" (kaws, neckface etc.) but again that.s only their covers. for example the kaws issue which definitely went heavy on the kaws (toys, billboards, pieces, etc.) but there was decent amount of other stuff in it. my favorite was a spot on sam flores, who is SICK in my opinion. i would take a flores upper playground shirt over some hyped out ape redundance... but yeah they have some good stuff, and as a lot of people have said their cover features are starting to have more substance

Some call it being conceited, I call it seeing the truth.