Anyone from S. Carolina? Shopping help

STropio

Guest Airjamie

Uh, i live about 15 mins from simpsonville. There is nothing there save for boatloads of rich hot highschool girls who will fuck you if you look even remotely punk. Theres haywood mall in greenville, but it only has the basic gap etc. The only place i even buy shit from here are skateshops. Theres one on laurens road called blazer thats pretty good. Has nike sb and shit. The only place i even recommend anyone actually visit is a CD store on laurens road called Earshot. Fucking great selection, hundreds of used cds and even used vinyl and DVDs.

If youre looking to get shitfaced i recommend Brixx pizza over in cherrydale (greenville) they have like 150 different beers on tap and after 10 on friday and saturday pizza is buy one ger one free.

South carolina is a steaming pile of shit. Althought itll be cool to see if theres anyone else on this board who lives here. We need a denim club.

Me and some friends are driving from Philly to visit a friend that moved down there. I'd be interested in checking out the skateshop and seeing if they have any gems sneaker wise that have been sitting there.

The high school girls sound promising for my scumbag friends. Pizza and getting fucked up sounds in order too.

Thanks.

Guest Airjamie

ah if its sneakers youre after check out new generation in mauldin, not too far from simpsonville, usually has a pretty good sneaker selection. Also carries diamond supply company and the usual skurban stuff. If youre down to party or whatever shoot me a pm theres alot going on this weekend.

North and South Carolina both suck. I wish I'd never been.

*north* carolina's not all bad. ive been in charlotte for 5/6 years now, and its a good city. cant say im a fan of sc, however.

although, i will say that some great friends of mine have an awesome tea bar in greenville, sc. its downtown, main & coffee, i think. called 0-CHA, and its on the second floor, just above a pretty cool home decor shop. their bubble/boba tea if fucking AWESOME. i highly recommend stopping in if youre around greenville. their names are mike & mallie, and are 2 of the best people you'll ever meet. sadly, they'll be closing the shop in a month or two.

Guest Airjamie
*north* carolina's not all bad. ive been in charlotte for 5/6 years now, and its a good city. cant say im a fan of sc, however.

although, i will say that some great friends of mine have an awesome tea bar in greenville, sc. its downtown, main & coffee, i think. called 0-CHA, and its on the second floor, just above a pretty cool home decor shop. their bubble/boba tea if fucking AWESOME. i highly recommend stopping in if youre around greenville. their names are mike & mallie, and are 2 of the best people you'll ever meet. sadly, they'll be closing the shop in a month or two.

Yeah ive been there. Pretty good. Its a shame that any decent place in this area closes because they arent handing out baptist pamphlets or playing john mayer 24/7. BTW, if you know anybody that works at lunchbox records, tell them they can go to hell for selling fucked up used cds. And for refusing to sell me that orchid EP cause "some kid that comes in here all the time really wants it but doesnt have the money so hes saving up" cry me a fucking river.

i went to school for a year in charleston SC. I made two good freinds but otherwise felt completely alienated and unwelcome. I'm from New York and at the time was kind of into diesel and stuff. I remember there was one store that sold the stuff. Overall the city was beautiful and full of beautiful girls but being from new york I was real cynical of how small time everything was. Kept my mouth shut, got hammered, flunked my classes, and came home for good the next year....have not been back since.

Guest Airjamie
i went to school for a year in charleston SC. I made two good freinds but otherwise felt completely alienated and unwelcome. I'm from New York and at the time was kind of into diesel and stuff. I remember there was one store that sold the stuff. Overall the city was beautiful and full of beautiful girls but being from new york I was real cynical of how small time everything was. Kept my mouth shut, got hammered, flunked my classes, and came home for good the next year....have not been back since.

Its pretty much like that with everyone. I'm here from LA and ive hated life for about 3 years. Although i am in a close proximity to ATL so i atleast get to go tot he good shows.

South Carolina- No

North Carolina- Yes

Niche and Blacksheep are good for shoes. But good clothing is hard to find.

looks like we've got a few charlotte people here. good to know.

my girlfriend is a stylist at borealis, which is on the same block as niche and black sheep, and im really liking the way that area's coming along. i certainly enjoy having the american apparel there. havent been in renegade yet, but thats over there, too (ive had a feeling i wouldnt like it for some reason).

havent been in renegade yet, but thats over there, too (ive had a feeling i wouldnt like it for some reason).

THat shit is kind of weak. I didn't get a good look at all the products, but it's True Religion/seven fot all mankind/etc galore.

i live in greensboro, nc..and i work in charlotte and charleston a bunch actually.

charlotte is fun town, charleston is more fun though...as for shopping charlotte has niche like someone mentioned...charleston doesnt have shit really...great resturants in charleston though, and loads and loads of girls.

Been to that Tea bar...it's fucking excellent. Wow sad to hear its closing.

Raleighhhh STAND UP!

anyone know whether theres anything much around the Duke campus in NC?

Other than parties and fine girls @ UNC, not really. The Polo Rugby store just closed in Chapel Hill which blows. There's actually a Vinyl toy shop in Chapel Hill/Durham, but I'm not sure what its called...

Other than parties and fine girls @ UNC, not really. The Polo Rugby store just closed in Chapel Hill which blows. There's actually a Vinyl toy shop in Chapel Hill/Durham, but I'm not sure what its called...

you told me that polo rugby was awesome.

you even bought a pea coat from there. :eek::eek::eek:

Bzar blows. I live a few blocks from it, and I am always disappointed. They act like Nudies are magic. I've been trying to talk them into buying some decent 5EPs or R&Bs, but I don't know if it's going to happen. They have very flashy shoes and some rather loud hoodies. The couple who own it seem very nice, however. 52.5 is a really nice record store that lifts my spirits every time I set foot in it. There is also some wine shop that everybody has been raving about slightly north of Bzar and 52.5 on King. M. Dumas and Sons has a crappy selection of washed ES and PDC, but every now and then they'll be discounted by literally 80%. They also have clarks, sperry, etc. It's not that bad. There's an American Apparel, a very nice Ralph Lauren store, and a Ben Silver. The best part of Charleston is the food. Holy shit are the restaurants ever top-notch. Like most cities, you just have to know where to go. None of that Market Street nonsense. The weather and scenery is also great. Whoever deemed it 'aesthetically pleasing' hit it right on the head. It's gorgeous everywhere you go. We also have the largest suspension bridge in the western hemisphere.

Nice place for some coffee and relaxation: Kudu Coffee

Breakfast: Hominey Grill, Rutledge Coffee and Cream

Lunch: 39 Rue de Jean (fancy), Andolini's (amazing pizza), Gaulart & Maulclet, Lana (waitress named Jafa is really sweet)

Dinner: FIG, Raval, S.N.O.B, High Cotton or La Fourchette

I brought up superfuture to some guy that worked there, and he was like "yeah we aren't stocking that yet"

I was like "oh, you guys should it's an awesome line" then i bought my vans halfcabs and peaced out, after he gave me a speech on his fixed gear bike...