I just do not get it.....

Guest StuckOnStupid

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just dont even listen to stuff like this anymore.

Its such a shame something like poetic lyrical expression is so small in comparrison to generic dance or rap by numbers crap......

Also - mike lowry - im pretty offended by alot of MTV stuff, I find some of the characateuring (sp?) of races and cultures terrible, RHCP bump hump or whatever, Christinas "cant hold us down" or whatever....... just offensive, I dont want to get too political, for me these videos are akin to cartoons of gollywogs, for some races and cultures the portrayal in promos is very narrow and simplistic........ the nerd, the beefcake, the token black guy, the stylized to hell and back urban costumes....ugh. I cant help but feel the people portrayed and the target audience ought to be treated with a smidgin of respect and intelligence.

OMC - Your spot on, but I dont like it, I dont want to be sold a scene, I dont want to buy into something "fun" "cool" or "ironic" or whatever, Id just really like something with some substance, that I cant at least enter into whilst believing in it....yknow.

Fuck it, it doesnt matter. ( and thats the point sadly )

• 4 weeks later...
Oh man...there's no way you could have known this, but I basically live my life by that quote. I've always considered my actions and thoughts as an individual to be my canon, and wondered about my own ability to alter external perceptions. It's been my goal to present an entity which is not wholly my own, but is inseparable from the idea of the author tied to it.

or maybe I just read too much. Also, fuck Hill school

But the author is dead!!

you must be old...im as big of a rap fan as it gets, but i dont find Uffie outlandish, i actually find her quite entertaining...not everything is suppose to be so serious, Nas-esque or Common-ish...when you're out partying, people arent getting down to "The Tipping Point" because it's not the type of music to get down to...the music she's making is an effect of music evolving in general...Hip Hop isn't the same as it was in the 90's and everything isn't about lyrics...just enjoy it and move on...in fact, i don't know where you live, but in America, she isn't even a big deal so it shouldn't be hard to ignore her...

btw, Juelz Santana is NOT a good rapper...dude is just backed by good beats but still spits jibberish...that doesn't make "From Me To U" or "What The Games Been Missing" horrible albums, now does it???

Do you actually not like Diplo, StuckOnStupid? Any of his shit? Florida, and the early releases in particular are pretty dope IMO.

I don't really see how you can question MIAs sincereity/authenticity either? I'm not a big fan, but I think she would'be been brought up in rougher circumstances than yourself.

I'd never heard Uffie before, but shit is terrible.

I love that when it comes to music tastes (especially when it's got irony in it's nature) people get super-assholier-than-thou elitist. I too am an elitist prick. Everything that you like that I happened to like five years ago... surprise! I liked five years ago!

YQaSsbwhO-4

am i old? im not cool anymore? what is it?

this little floozy is talking about "girl power", "her style". what fucking style? you are basically takingJJ Fad, shitty cocaine that smells like nail polish that is in those impossible to open bags delivered by the 24-hour dominican williamsburg guys, and ironic dookie ropes, 40s of steel reserve, and bamboo earrings and cooking them in a pot and that's your whole shit?

im just gonna come out and say it, i think this whole fucking movement is a joke. fuck this bitch, fuck those ugly french guys with dunks and mullets, fuck that stupid hindu bitch M.I.A and her gay boyfriend diplo, and fuck that stupid CSS shit and every goddamn thing associated with it. Yeah bitch, i lost my fuckin virginity to 2 live Crew in like 1991, and even back then i thought it was kind of silly shit, novelty rap just a few steps above Rappin' Ronny Reagan and Rappin Rodney Dangerfield. I have no problem with electro music and dance music as a whole, but when they co-opt this fake ironic hip-hop style, to me it's some subtle racist/cultural fucking tourism bullshit. to me this shit is worse than fuckin "this is why im hot" or some stupid rap sambo blackface jingle, cause musically its just as atrocious, but on a bigger level its appropriation FOR mockery. lame.

and RE Uffie.... yes, to her face i would pretend i liked her if we were mingling for an evening, only in the hopes id feed her enough chemicals that she'd let me put my tongue in her little pink butthole.

you used the word 'racist' so your argument is redundant.