Advice needed on where to start taper on Slim Jims

mrjameskent

Hi all,

I've had a search but couldn't find an answer, so here goes (and apologies if this makes any of you irate)...

My Slim Jims have worn away at the bottom of the legs due to being caught under the heel of my trainers, so they kind of flop over my trainers, and it's much worse on one leg than the other.

As they are a 34 leg, I've decided to get them hemmed and and thinking about getting them tapered as well - my reference point is my Dior 19s which I love.

So my question is where should I get a tailor to start the taper from - the knee, or midway between the knee and hem?

And as the Slims have the orange double stitching on the outside, I'm thinking do the taper on the inside leg - is that a good option?

Thanks everyone, and please don't reply if your just going to moan/slag off/be negative, just breathe deep and resist!

J

And as the Slims have the orange double stitching on the outside, I'm thinking do the taper on the inside leg - is that a good option?

Inside leg would probably be better since they have that kind of outseam.

So my question is where should I get a tailor to start the taper from - the knee, or midway between the knee and hem?

Depends on how you want it to fit. If you want a continuous taper from top to bottom though, it's better to taper it all the way from the crotch.

Inside leg would probably be better since they have that kind of outseam.

Depends on how you want it to fit. If you want a continuous taper from top to bottom though, it's better to taper it all the way from the crotch.

Thanks for that.

They fit snugly on the thighs and back of calves even, so is it possible to start a taper mid way down from knee or would this just look weird when wearing?

Holy shit theyre gonna be painted on.

But Yeah you would be able to get away with the taper starting from the knee down or even calf down. I read someone else doing this with the outseam by making the selvedge seam wider, but i wouldnt take it to far if you are turning your jeans up.