falling out of love with your jeans :a single tear:

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - throw the dice...

And everytime we send them we put a postcard in the package - telling the next person what they've experienced so far...we collect those and the pics - and print a book..

Diary of a Jeans...and yes, Chicken , they should be donated ...to some Jeans sore or to a Hard Rock Cafe

So , got to think which Jeans could be good for this ....

one idea i'd suggest is to donate the finished pair to BIG or someone who could display the denim for people to see and hear about the story behind it.

BETTER IDEA: we get a sponsor, maybe BiG, or SELFEDGE, or SDA

we wear the jeans for some time and then return the jeans to the sponsor for display

yeah? YEAH?!

i suggest some off-the-wall jeans-----like those RHT/LHT SDAs or the MISTER FREEDOM canes or somesuch pair that we admire, but don't dare to buy

Don't fallout of love, but I've hit a wall as the 6 pairs of jeans I'm worked on over a 4 year period all need washing. Thing is they're at different stages and making sure they all got the attention that I think they need would be time consuming so they sit and wait. Meanwhile, I'm wearing the faded Thai Fakes and the more I wear them the less I'm interested in starting fresh with something new cos I know I'll never get anything near as good a fade with my projects.

i think whoever gets the denim should pay for it at the beginning. afterall, they get to display the fruits of our hard labor, no?

i agree on regular fit.

i also think it should be one that is known for beautiful wear.

these include:

pbj xx-006

warehouse 1000XX

let me ask gordon at BiG and see if he's interested in sponsoring us. :)

That does sound like a cool plan- I'd be in if you guys would have me, but I'm a 29.

On the original topic, I still have every pair of jeans I've worn since high school- dozens of pairs. My wife constantly tells me to get rid of the ones that I no longer wear, but theres no way I will. I tell her one day when I'm old I'll lay them out in chronological order and look back over the timeline of my life- my "jeanaology" so to speak.

She thinks I'm nuts.

Don't fallout of love, but I've hit a wall as the 6 pairs of jeans I'm worked on over a 4 year period all need washing. Thing is they're at different stages and making sure they all got the attention that I think they need would be time consuming so they sit and wait. Meanwhile, I'm wearing the faded Thai Fakes and the more I wear them the less I'm interested in starting fresh with something new cos I know I'll never get anything near as good a fade with my projects.

nothing like a trusty old pair of jeans, imo. but there comes a time when you have to start anew. denim's lifespan ain't too long. but meanwhile, enjoy.

On the original topic, I still have every pair of jeans I've worn since high school- dozens of pairs. My wife constantly tells me to get rid of the ones that I no longer wear, but theres no way I will. I tell her one day when I'm old I'll lay them out in chronological order and look back over the timeline of my life- my "jeanaology" so to speak.

She thinks I'm nuts.

i don't think you're nuts. and there might be time when she might actually start thinking it's something really cool, too.

i also think it will be cool to get someone at 29w in the mix too. i think that's going to be part of the fun in this experiment -- a little bit of a variety. we're going to get various knee fades and stack fades too, because of different heights/leg lengths.

sounds good , DDML....will you as them ??

How about Fullcount - I don't think any of us have those yet ///

i have a raw pair of 1108 in 29w already, but i wouldn't mind wearing a pair i already have for this experiment at all.

ok... lets make this real now... heres what i think should go down

-1 pair. size 30.

- one month per person, with a wash after for hygene sake

-after one year, we send the jeans, and the stories to (insert shop here) for display.

gordon emailed me back, and said it sounds interesting and something hed like to be involved with. he wants a couple days to see what he can come up with.

ill keep everyone updated when i hear anything else.