Suggestions for sweatshirt repair

Shorty Long

I won this sweat on ebay, and the only thing wrong with it is the 'damage' in the front neck area. I really don't mind it all that much, but I'm afraid it will continue to rip if I don't do something about it.

Does anyone have suggestions on how I can repair/reinforce the cut-out area? Would a tailor be able to do something with it?

here's a link to the item...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8306007001&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks

I understand how you want the hoodie (which is a very nice one) to be fixed, but maybe you should leave it be? The "damage" on the hoods seam , seems icon_smile_wink.gif to have been done intentionaly, and I do not think the damage will spread as you fear. In the past few years many suburban girlies and boys who go off to camp in the summer have picked up such a look and intentionaly cut their hoodies all the time. I personally kinda like the raw ripped collar look, as it it quite comfortable and less restraining. Plus with the hoodie being a vintage piece, leaving the original "damage" adds the the personality of the sweater.

i don't know how long or regularly you plan to wear the piece,

but I have a sweatshirt that has had similar neck for the last four years and once it got to that certain angle or so, nothing else really tore.

But mine probably wasn't as old as your working with, regardless, it already looks great

Yeah.....I'm that Swoshmn