Wanted: New Hairstyle

having carried the same hairstyle for over four years now, i figured it's time for a change. problem is, since i've been doing the same thing for so long, i have no idea what works for me anymore.

current hair:

1-9.jpg

suggestions anyone?

Damn Matt. The hair looked dope but that is like 4x the size of your dome. Maybe you need to buzz off all your hair to give yourself a fresh perspective. After getting exhausted with all my options, shaving my head helped me figure out my hair as it grows back. Don't know if it'd help you here, but it'd definitely be refreshing.

Guest ksr1900
having carried the same hairstyle for over four years now, i figured it's time for a change. problem is, since i've been doing the same thing for so long, i have no idea what works for me anymore.

current hair:

1-9.jpg

suggestions anyone?

buzz it

...do it

before you buzz it you gotta say, do you have an attractive head shape. i shaved my head a couple years ago to see what it was like and my head does not have an attractive shape, so after 2 days i started wearing a hat over my baldness till it was full again.

since your in richmond hit up a honger joint & pick a style out of a mag

out of curiosity, how did you know i was from richmond?

... i'm too pussy to shave my head. found a couple dope cuts on rasysa n asianmullet though.

a lot of the hair styles in those links seem very fobbish to me, which would be cool if i didnt live in the US. i wish i had hair that would look good even when i didnt do anything to it, but unfortunately its a bowl cut if i leave it unstyled

a lot of the hair styles in those links seem very fobbish to me, which would be cool if i didnt live in the US. i wish i had hair that would look good even when i didnt do anything to it, but unfortunately its a bowl cut if i leave it unstyled

insider's hair, as it is right now, is already pretty "fobbish" if you ask me...

you can fight the dreaded bowl cut look simply by getting some layers...it's a simple process and you can just let your hair grow out after that.

Personally, I think that's part of the appeal. Not that there's anything wrong with looking like every other dude, but with a (well-done) fobby hairstyle in the states, at least you look somewhat individualized and different (in a good way). Though there are always risks to that as well, as always with bucking the trend/mean/standard.

Plus there's a difference between good fobby vs bad fobby. Bad fobby being wearing brown polyester pants, with 99 cent supermarket sandals, and a fake early 90s Guess shirt...good fobby looking like you just stepped out of a Non-no mag or s/t.

But...then insider said he was from Richmond, which is basically like the second coming of HK, so if he's afraid of looking too different, there's not much of risk, lah!