How do you bid at Yahoo! Japan?

you used to have to pay 300 yen to use yahoo auction, which is part of yahoo premium. things have changed a little bit.

now you can bid on items with a "free" user account but

if you'd like to sell, you need the yahoo premium subscription.

Note: you do not need a japanese bank account to bid.

1) If the seller uses "yahoo easy transaction (or whatever it's called)" you can pay by credit card. However, most sellers do not ship internationally. Most of all, they hate dealing with buyers who do not write / read Japanese - online translators aren't welcome either.

2) A lot of sellers do not wish to pay the fees associated with the yahoo easy transaction system. In this case, they will tell you to wire money from your bank account.

Conclusion: In theory, anyone can bid on the items, but you won't be able to send your payment to the seller and they'll just leave you a negative feedback.

you used to have to pay 300 yen to use yahoo auction, which is part of yahoo premium. things have changed a little bit.

1) If the seller uses "yahoo easy transaction (or whatever it's called)" you can pay by credit card. However, most sellers do not ship internationally. Most of all, they hate dealing with buyers who do not write / read Japanese - online translators aren't welcome either.

2) A lot of sellers do not wish to pay the fees associated with the yahoo easy transaction system. In this case, they will tell you to wire money from your bank account.

Conclusion: In theory, anyone can bid on the items, but you won't be able to send your payment to the seller and they'll just leave you a negative feedback.

thanks for the tips.

i usually use proxy service, but for this particular auction, the seller states that it will "ship internationally" and that it accepts paypal.

so i was thinking that maybe i can save around 10% by emailing the seller and purchasing it from him straight. Its quite reliable i think, since the seller has a store front too in Japan.

but my question is, how do you actually contact the seller, and telling him that i would like to purchase his item?

This is the auction.

http://page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p84423558?u=;galluck_guild

Thought i might save quite a bit if i contact and purchase the item directly from the seller instead of using a proxy, which takes around 10 to 15% commission.

ah that makes more sense, it was kind of hard to understand at first since pretty much all sellers ship within japan.

I'd suggest e-mailing the seller, the adress is in the listing: galluck (at) muse.dti.ne.jp. since its a store, you might be able to do it outside yahoo which I think in this case would be reasonable.

how do you actually contact the seller, and telling him that i would like to purchase his item?

Probably just e-mail him and ask your request...but that's just me....

Nah, Mike... I emailed that email at the bottom of the auction last Friday. And I havent gotten any replies from them yet.

Thats why I thought maybe thats the email for selling items to them, thus they cant speak english and didnt bother to reply:confused:

Thanks for helping out though

Last week was a national holiday in Japan (Golden Week). Most people went abroad/travelled away from major cities. Also the vest is ugly. I'm sure god will forgive you.