Lee Gold Stich Riders

samduhspam

i have the 101 Bs from the same line, Lee Gold Label. The quality is good, lightweight 12 oz denim, mine are full cut bucklebacks as opposed to slim. I am having a hell of a time figuring out shrinkage though, they are tagged 30x32 and measure 33 in the waist, I haven't rinsed them yet. I have no idea if they are sanforized. I heard they are made by Edwin.

I would call denimbar and ask about the shrinkage/sanforized thing. Other then that they ace...

I think there are at least 3 different pairs in this line, 101z, 101b and another one with Hide on Hair patch, I dont know what model that was.

if they are the same ones i'm familiar with they are EU made

They also shrink quite a bit with significant indigo loss so beware.

The ones i know aren't made by edwin but i think are japanese denim (the booklet is very vague about this...)

Nice jeans that should give a relatively quick fade, the z is a lot slimmer than the b model, i'm not aware of a hair on hide version in this range, they changed the label for this season but i think they're bringing it back for next season.

not much help, but a little i guess

PS all my knowledge of these are based off my shopping experience in London, they are sort of all over the place there, Selfridges, several independent denim shops I walked into in central London as well as Nottinghill, and also of course the Lee flagship shop. The Hair on Hides may very well have been just last season's version, but I saw them at 2 different shops at least, and if my memory serves me correctly, they were different from the leather patch ones, however slightly, in other details as well. Maybe full selvage vs half?

My girl brought be back a pair of Bs which have a leather patch and full selvage. I will post pics soon.

There is two sub ranges in the Gold Label Range. One is the 101 range and the other is the Originals range.

101 Range - 101B & 101Z based on the 30's and 50's fit respectively but altered to have a more modern appeal. Usualy a half wellow selvage (this may have changed). They change the washes, details and fits of them seasonally. Made in Europe.

Originals - Edwin made Japanese repro. Full plain selvage. Usually retails about £165 for raw. Has a small license tag inside the left back pocket. Come in a 1930's fit with Hair On Hide patch and a 1950's fit with leather patch. These have both been staples of the range for a few years.

my woman got these for me in London. I think they were either 75 or 85 pound, she won't tell me. pics

things to notice - full selvage not half, 2-3 inches larger than tagged (have not washed them yet), button fly, low pockets, lined pockets, buckleback, leather patch.

DSC04229.JPG

DSC04232.JPG

DSC04233.JPG

DSC04234.JPG

DSC04235.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

My wife has a year-old pair of Lee 101z Riders full selvage from the EU line she got from denimbar. They fade very quickly but do not lose much color in a cold soak with woolite black. Also, they stretch a lot (not as much as APCs, though) but shrink back to original size after wash. These were sanforized.

my woman got these for me in London. I think they were either 75 or 85 pound, she won't tell me. pics

things to notice - full selvage not half, 2-3 inches larger than tagged (have not washed them yet), button fly, low pockets, lined pockets, buckleback, leather patch.

DSC04229.JPG

They have these in Interstate in London at the moment for £50 - good range of sizes too. I have a pair - I like them. Haven't really faded at all as I don't wear them as much as my others and am keeping them for when I need to look semi-respectable(!). Do they really shrink that much? Shit - mine haven't touch water yet and fit ok...

The have the hair on hide version (the hide is black) in a Butcher of Distinction in east London. http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1195/30525.php The jeans are otherwise indentical though.