shopping in montreal?

absolut

Les Cours Mont-Royal (1455 Peel): you can find many small boutiques selling designer denim and assorted streetwear + a Harry Rosen for high quality suits/shoes/shirts/ties

Simons (977 Sainte-Catherine West): big department store, carries a lot of streetwear brand like Stussy, Freshjive, Adidas or even Nudies and the top floor had small sections for various high-end designers (Helmut Lang, JLindeberg, Maharishi, Jil Sander, JPaul Gaultier, etc)

Holt Renfrew (1300 Sherbrooke West): Prada, Dolce&Gabbana, Etro, Paul Smith, Armani, etc.

U&I (3650 St Laurent): Lots of great brands like APC, Engineered Garment, Cloak, PDC, Levis, JLindeberg, Acne Action Jeans, Comme des Garçons...

Duo (30, Prince-Arthur West): For the Eurotrash in you : Dsquared, Nudies, Chip&Pepper, True Religion, etc.

Godasse (4340 Saint-Denis): sneakers

Goodfoot (3830 Saint-Laurent): sneakers

Turf Gallery (310 St-Pierre): rare t-shirts and sneakers

Thrift shops, local designers and lots of interesting shops can be found around the St-Denis and Mont-Royal axis

Check out St-Laurent for trendy boutiques

Now I'm sure I could recommend more shops but I have no idea what you're looking for exactly so that's it for now...

Les Cours Mont-Royal (1455 Peel): you can find many small boutiques selling designer denim and assorted streetwear + a Harry Rosen for high quality suits/shoes/shirts/ties

Simons (977 Sainte-Catherine West): big department store, carries a lot of streetwear brand like Stussy, Freshjive, Adidas or even Nudies and the top floor had small sections for various high-end designers (Helmut Lang, JLindeberg, Maharishi, Jil Sander, JPaul Gaultier, etc)

Holt Renfrew (1300 Sherbrooke West): Prada, Dolce&Gabbana, Etro, Paul Smith, Armani, etc.

U&I (3650 St Laurent): Lots of great brands like APC, Engineered Garment, Cloak, PDC, Levis, JLindeberg, Acne Action Jeans, Comme des Garçons...

Duo (30, Prince-Arthur West): For the Eurotrash in you : Dsquared, Nudies, Chip&Pepper, True Religion, etc.

Turf Gallery (310 St-Pierre): rare t-shirts and sneakers

Thrift shops, local designers and lots of interesting shops can be found around the St-Denis and Mont-Royal axis

Check out St-Laurent for trendy boutiques

Now I'm sure I could recommend more shops but I have no idea what you're looking for exactly so that's it for now...

Turf Gallery (410 St-Pierre): rare t-shirts and sneakers

Check out St-Laurent for trendy boutiques similar to Fidel

Edited by Fuuma on Jun 8, 2005 at 10:45 PM

• 1 month later...

The places I mentionned a good for jeans imho....depends on which brands. Probably somewhere like duo/U&I/cours mont-royal. Or Holt for designer denim.

Stoopid is a store in St-Denis (4321) selling royal elastics and some clubber/raver/hipster stuff. Not a great place to shop I'm affraid. If you like that sort of thing you should go to the aritmetiks stores (3 locations= cours Mont-royal, st-laurent (3688) and St-denis (2011). If you're into clothing made out of recycled dollar store sweaters featuring artic wolves go to preloved (4832 St-Laurent) and you'll enjoy the artsy kitsch products.