Why the hell is Hermès so fucking expensive??

lowrider

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, the next fuckwit who posts in this thread saying $1775 for that wallet! need a beat down.

Learn to read, you blind motherfuckers. The pictured wallet is NOT the Hermes wallet.

I cry for the state of education in the world today.

Seriously, the next fuckwit who posts in this thread saying $1775 for that wallet! need a beat down.

Learn to read, you blind motherfuckers. The pictured wallet is NOT the Hermes wallet.

I cry for the state of education in the world today.

hey stupid, i never mentioned anything about it being a hermes wallet other than the fact it's ugly as sin.

Interesting. I am sure that a 'bespoke' wallet from the likes of someone such as John Lobb would cost near $2000 (after currency conversion) these days, and that's fine......That seems semi-justifiable to me. They are an amazing company and use leather of the highest quality.

Unfortunately, I am sure the owner of said $4K wallet has nothing of the sort, but rather some Mastermind x Goyard x Carpe Diem x Rhinestones abomination.

Indeed, it's a crocodile-skin wallet with gold edges.

I suspect the owner of this $4000 wallet has several Vertu phones.

This has been a most entertaining read. I'm + repped out for the next 24hrs reppin' all the people who put a smile on my face regardless if it was flame comment or not. Thanks.

Couple of points that I didn't post up but now feel that I should:

1) I'm going through a rather tumultuous period in my life and have had some recent breakthroughs and want to treat myself to something nice since I deserve it. So yes, I am somewhat serious in purchasing it otherwise I wouldn't have asked the SA to bring it in. However, a completely ridiculous luxury purchase such as this should also be completely mood driven in my humble opinion. I'll just have to see what my mood is when the wallet arrives. Seeing it in the flesh, so to speak, would be a huge factor in whether or not I purchase it. I did warn the SA that I've never bought anything for Hermès due to their high prices and that I would really have to be in love with it to buy it. She said that I would be under no obligation to buy it and that it wasn’t a problem. Chances are it’ll sell here faster than Palm Beach due to all the Japanese tourists who spend ludicrous amounts of money on couture brands.

2) The wallet in question is perfect in my opinion because:

- it's very understated as most Hermès leather goods are

- it has the perfect interior configuration for me for all my wallet junk

- it comes in orange (which I love)

- in all my hunting, I’ve yet to find a single wallet that matches all of my requirements above (not that that justifies the price but it’s worth noting)

The original post was me venting a bit for finding something I really wanted but being conflicted due to its insanely high price. Haven't you guys experienced that before?

Maybe I should have moved this to supertrash. Mods, please move if deemed appropriate.

Cheers everyone!

Guest StuckOnStupid
Indeed, it's a crocodile-skin wallet with gold edges.

I suspect the owner of this $4000 wallet has several Vertu phones.

i want a vertu phone, but ONLY if i can put one of those fake louis vuitton print sticker-wrap things on it. fuck that would be so amazing....

This your $4K wallet right? I saw that chain in the CH store here in HI. It was really nice but I couldn't bring myself to drop $3K (for the same links but had 2 clips instead of your 1 clip / 1 hook) on it. Detailing was amazing and it was so heavy!

wallet5kr.jpg

So it's the silver work/chain that makes it that price. Still ridiculous (silver is $8 an ounce), but makes a little more sense now.

The SA told me they use the highest grade / most pure silver for their sterling goods. Don't really know if that's true or how much more (if at all) expensive it makes the raw silver cost. The chain that I saw had 2 clips (which is more expensive than 1 clip / 1 hook) and easily weighed 10/lbs or more. At $8/oz that's $1280. Assuming that they are using a higher grade silver, it could be more than $8/oz and the silver cost goes up.

With the amount of detailing in the chain, I'd say that $3K is a somewhat reasonable cost.

Expensive stuff are designed for people who can afford and not care about the price. That's why some cars are 12,000 and some are 250,000. Both of them run and take you to places. If you are loaded w/ shit load of money.. you wouldn't care if the wallet is 500 or 50,000.

Well, back to the thread...

Here's the long version of the wallet I want:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AZAP-ZIP-1800-HERMES-travel-wallet-billhold-4-12-CC_W0QQitemZ320075853314QQcmdZViewItem

Very plain, understated, well constructed, elegant, but fucking expensive!!

My biggest problem has been finding a full zip around wallet that has NO coin pocket.

The link above is to the long version that has a coin pocket. The one I want (Azap Financier) doesn't have the coin pocket but I can't find any pics of it.

Can someone help me find a well constructed, high quality, elegant, zip around wallet that has no coin pocket? I don't care what brand it is.

Thanks!