WHat is your style?

jjs home

Maybe I'm johnny come lately and ya'll been through this before, but how would you describe your style? What are your current favorite brands? and ones that have really drawn your attention lately?

if ya'll feel like it what magazines do you read, and what websites do you mess with the most

I'll start so folks can join in

I guess I go for the wild expensive urban thug look, kinda like cam'ron minus the pink, which I'm sure is a concept a lot of you would find funny, but thats me

ideal outfit is a chinchilla hoody(gotta upgrade from my current mink status, $500 jeans, $5 white tee, 20 gees in jewlery, and whatever, sneakers/boots that look right and hopefully you can't get. And in this dream I'd be hopping out of a silver Rolls Phantom, but I think you all get the idea

I'd call myself the predecossor of the 80's harlem hustler, pretty much high fashion aspiration with ghetto fabulous

I won't even lie to ya'll I love quality and construction, but the biggest selling points to me for an item is if it looks dope, fits me baggy, and I can be one of like 5 people in america who can have the item

as for brands right now I keep things limited

shirts:

1. white tees, yeah I wear 5x, but I swear guys I'm gonna downsize to the 4 soon

2. Custom T-shirts and thermals by Don-a-tion (did wardrobe for the Boyz in the Hood "dem boys" video)

3. Custom thermals by Christinzio Pichardo (philly canvas artist)

4. Royaltees t-shirts

5. even a M&N or authentic jersey occasionally, because even though I wore jerseys 365 days a year since 2000 and the styles "played" I still like it

Jackets:

light jackets pretty much substitute everything where others would wear a polo or a button up, so I can be "CLEAN IN MY WHITE TEE!!" and show off some jewlery

1. NBA Championship jackets (GIII x total sport collabo)

2. NFL Superbowl Jackets (again GIII x total sports collabo)

3. Basic flight Jackets

4. any track type jacket that looks nice and is big

5. I'm also a big fan of Mitchell & Ness's new NBA warm-up/track jackets too

For the winter

6. Fur, I only have one black mink, but I'd like to be buried with 50 jackets when I die

7. Leather- pelle pelle, wissam, and whatevers next thats interesting

3. Wool Jackets- M&N varsity styles, and a few custom joints

Sweat Suits

I'm certified sweat suit junkie, and buy basically any style thats "classy" (to me) and has a zipper front

Kicks:

1. Nike- either classic styles, or limited shoes that I can work with (of course white air one junkie)

1.5 Jordan- Retro's in workable colors

2. Timbs- modest colored constructs, and occasionaly a field boot

3. Vasque- Huge fan of the Skywalk boot (no biscuit Toes!!!) new Jersey Classic, what can I say

4. occasionally as classic reebok or adidas

5. Designers- when the style isn't too couture (fave shoe all time 80's gucci tennis so you can understand)

Jeans

1. John Richmond- I can only wear their baggiest cut in a 40, but nothin respresents my person like $500 jeans that say "rich" across the ass

2. Evisu- American styles

3. Red Monkey

4. selected designers- ex.) whenever Gucci or versace makes a really baggy jean I buy it

5. e=Mc^2- over-priced for the quality, but again I love saying "I've got it and you don't"

6. Parasuco- new jersey classic

7. Sean John- ideal cut for my style

And designer shades are my new shit for the summer. cause I'm tired of chicks tryin to read my eyes

I gotta say though this site has really helped to enlightened my denim game. It has made me wanna buy some Nudie jeans, and other high-quality denims, but most especially the Japan edition Evisu's

Beyond that I read every hip-hop, and DUBish car magazine every month, and complex, floss, and ballin magazines

I'm sure ya'll is like I'm not gonna waste my time sayni what you said, but It'd be interesting to know what ya'll like and such

my style is "dc intern"

for clarifications, just turn on c-span during any congressional hearing and see the blokes in the background.

when i feel particularly flamboyant, i'd even wear a pink tie with my navy suit instead of the usual red one.

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

honestly:

head: kangol ballcap

face: blank, maybe sunglasses if I find any when I go shopping today

chest: T-shirts, usually mine or polo logo t's, polo button ups, polo long sleves, hoodies, sweaters in winter

legs: linen shorts or denim jeans, I don't care what brand so long as they fit nice.

feet: ankle socks and birk sandals, doc boots, or nikes.

I'm a traditional type. relaxed jeans and a size medium shirt, with a ballcap.

i spend money on trainers and jeans and thats it - the rest is mainly chazza (charity shop) gear, so its

scruffy short sleeved shirt

leather belt

dark jeans, baggy in length but reguler width leg

slimmish turn ups

nice nikes or adidas, usually on the retro end of things

light weight summer jacket ot simple wool jumper (grey or choc) or sometimes hoody

thats it really, dislike jewelry, flashy watches and especially superflous leather cuffs on men.

My style is grown up skater, hardcore kid style...

Jeans: Classic levis cuts, 501, 505, 517, rigid denim, no washes...

T Shirts: 80's straight edge shirts in medium or smaller larges...

Shoes: Dunk SB's or Vans old schools...

Belt : Almost a green sash in kung fu...

Underwear: Hugo Boss briefs and Gold Toe socks.

jj- Although our styles are totally different, I respect what you do.

I go for the white Protestant of Anglo-Saxon ancestry classic look, with a bit of whatever else I like thrown in there (preppy with a twist).

ideal outfit: Velvet blazer (if I am going out), JP Da'Mage Jeans/APC Rescues/A&F Cords or Khakis, A&F button down over an A&F blank T, Tissot Watch, New Balance 991's. In a perfect world I'd be driving a TVR Tuscan/Chimera (something very obscure and a purists car).

I like my clothes to fit "slim"- reading fashion magazines for the past two years really made it clear that It just looks better.

Brands- Trovata is my favorite, own nothing from them though.

shirts:

1. T-shirts I get made at sporting good stores, so I can have whatever I want on them and be the only one.

2. A&F Polo's- great quality, perfect fit, nice look too.

3. Button Downs- Paul Smith, Abercrombie, I have a nice Herringbone one from Hugo, but mostly A&F.

Jackets:

I wear these when its cold-

1. Sweatshirts- Classic Hoodies, probably going to get more expensive, looking at Unis, Trovata, APC for next seasons.

2. Cardigans- My mom has a ton and they are fun

3. Wool Jacket- classic style, $150 from A&F

Footwear:

1. New Balance 991- I am on my third pair now

2. Rainbows Sandals- Bought my second pair yesterday, last along time.

3. Topsiders- Going to buy a pair

4. Tiffanys Dunks- Because no one would expect me to wear them

5. TrovataXVans- Anxiously anticipating this collabo.

6. RM Williams- Looking for a pair to try on before I buy online.

Jeans

1. JP Da'Mage Ice- Had these since January, absoult best fit for me, ever.

2. APC Rescue- These are my, "I'm cooler than you jeans". It allows me to look down on other people who would normally think they are better than me.

3. Rock n Republic Bonnom- great fit, nice wash, really interesting denim though.

4. Nudies or Sugar Cane are next

Raybans are my shades

I read Details, Gq, Esquire, Cargo, Vitals, and used to religiously read Sports compact car, car and driver, super street, ect...

Jeans:For casual i wear a nudie rr dry selvage, i absolutly love those and wear them most. In summur i've got a levi's 501 made of very light denim so perfect for hot weather.

I've got a diesel rr55, with a straight leg cut which fits perfectly. For formal i've got dolce&gabbana jeans. Straight cut and slim. The back pockets are extremely nice and i've never seen anyone with backpockets like that, and never someone with the same d&g jeans. I sometimes wear those jeans to school, but mostly my nudies. I like my nudie en d&g best, they both look great and the nudie really is a sort of project to get in more broken in, it gives such a great feeling when the jeans are starting to fade etc. after u've been wearing them a lot and treated them with a lot of care:)

Shirts:

1. Evisu, Ralph Lauren or Mcgregor polo

2. longsleeves from guru, gsus, pall mall,

3. normal t-shirts, by chasin, replay blue jeans, tommy hilfiger, reynolds and perry

4. button downs by ralph lauren, chaps and timberland

Belt:

i've only got one, a white leather reparo corse cowboy belt, i don't care for a lot of belts, i really like the one i've got so:)

Shoes:

1. Vans oldschool, love the look, fit brilliant with nudie jeans,

2. orange by hugo boss sneakers, black, featherlight so it's like u're wearing nothing, brilliant

3. timberland old school boots, blue/white, half the world has this model timberlands but there great so:)

Watch:

Omega, made in 1950, it belonged to my passed away grandfather, it's a very nice watch and i think the retail on it is 500 euro

Blazer:

J.C. Rags, black blazer with grey waistcoat and hood

Jacket:

denim chasin jacket

Waistcoats for the summer, with a t-shirt under it:

1. blue tommy hilfiger

2. blue/green/yellow guru, brilliant this one:D

3. woollen tommy hilfiger, this one is more for autumn, was 150 and is really beautiful

Wintercoat:

Don't have one yet, last ones where nothing special but i'm thinking of buying a long hugo boss coat for next winter,

Cap:

Von Dutch, bit cliche, but it's still a nice one:) blue/ grey

Sunglasses:

Ray Bann, 120 euro, very nice:)

Sweaters:

Tommy Hilfiger original, black sweater with high coll, love this one:)

Timberland, green, i've got his for like 4 years and it's still great:) getting a little to worn though

Replay blue jeans kashmir sweater, blue, very nice:)

for the future:

i'm going to paris in 2 weeks so i'll be buying a few gucci or prada or d&g shirts there

after that i'm going to get a levi's vintage denim, extremely nice:D with candlegrease coating:)

a wintercoat from hugo boss like i said before

a few new sweaters, i saw a nice nudie one, and a few more hilfigers and guru and gsus

sneakers: i'm looking for a nice pair of adidas superstars

Magazines:

I always read the kijk, a dutch magazine, pretty interesting, and Q, '' the essential music guide'' , a british rock 'n roll magazine, i pretty much love everything they say is good so :) that's handy, i read an article and i'll buy the cd and i absolutly love it most of the time

Music:

At the moment:

Coldplay X&Y, the best album ever, just brilliant, every aspect of it, Talk makes your hart stop beating

Oasis- Don't believe the truth, there back with a great album finally(H) Lyla stands out

Bloc Party- New Indie rock legends in potential, there debut album silent alarm is very good:) helicopter, like eatin glass, luno and banquet are great:)

Games:

Pro Evolution Soccer 4, the best footie around(H)

icon_smile_cool.gif RJ-cocaina de pablo Escobar

tops: tee's adidas originals, ecko. plain sweaters or stripey sweaters.

Bottoms: dry selvage denim with turn up, long in length (edwin, evisu, levis vintage)

footwear: retro basketball kicks, adidas or nike

jacket:hoody, wind breaker or just a sweatshirt.

Magazine: none

Music: drum n b ass, hip hop, speed garage, rock

jewellery: pimp watch, livewrong band, gold ring

image_346_7245.jpg

i dont have style.

i have taste

that means i buy stuff from h&m, zara, vintage, if its cool its cool. i dont need brand shit or the extra limited whatsoever to boost my ego. i have enough selfconfidence to know that clothes dont make me a better person...

despite that i have all the designer stuff but i am not dependent on that.

so i mix my own personal taste. i combine cheap things (2nd hand, h&m, zara) with expensive things (which i always get on sale or ebay), always classy sportswear with a twist..

anybody see hedi slimane, marc jacobs or matthew williamson ever in bling bling?

never, always more down-to-earth, relaxed, self confident.

not a trendwhore, more for the timeless look.

ha

wow my dude I think your getting a little to judgemental with what your saying

just because you buy limited/hard to find/expensive stuff does not make you a trend whore. I would never say anything I weer is trendy, or trend based, because quite frankly i usually duscover it for myself about a year before it even touches peoples radars. I would never bend my personal style for a trend. I don't care if pharell or Jay-z or anybody wears something, because frankly I think I'm way flyer then them anyways, confidence comes from within, ya mean. In my eyes all my clothes are timeless to me. I wear stuff I've bought years ago that fits, that so called trend whores say is played out. I'll throw on a coogi a few times a winter, and if I could still fit my iceberg I'd definetly rock that. To me I just love clothes and love shopping, like the term supershopper describes me because I can't even front, while my peoples are all gassed to see a playoff game or something, I'm more interested researching clothes, reading a magazine, or going shopping. I love what I have, but theres always something new thats interestng that I haven't seen yet.

Maybe your not speaking to me just cause your words seem to reflect mine, and even if you arent thats a concept I didn't touch on, but I know I wear whatever te hell I want, regardless, and I'd like to assume everyone here does, because from the way I percieve the popular style on this board, it seems like most people here are tastemakers anyways

Edited by jjs home on Jun 9, 2005 at 10:42 AM

my style is prep-elitist/screamo-hardcore

1.denim

-Nudie Bootcut Ola Dry(6 months and going strong)

-Women's Bootcut Rogans

-Sixty Straight Morrison

-Destroyed Diesel Zathans

-APC Hipters

2.Shirts

-Lacoste/Ralph Lauren Polos

-Trovata T-shirts

-Yoko Devereux Tshirts

-Lots of Screamo/hardcore/metalcore band shirts

3.Sweaters/hoodies

-Multiple zip-up/hoodies from bands

-Trovata hoodie

-Rogan hoodie

-Lacoste/RL sweaters

4.Belt

-fossil leather

-3 row studded belt

-looking to buy a white belt pretty soon

5.Jackets

-Diesel furry zip up thingie

-generic peacoat

-adidas warm up jacket

6.shoes

-Saucony Jazz(black)

-Reebok Classic(red)

-Rainbow Sandals

-Sperry Top Siders

7.sunglasses

-Bvlgari

hmmmm, my style...its a mix of a lot of things....high end fashion, lil bit of skater still in me, im a sneaker head to the fullest so...yeah, we'll take it from there

hats...i dont really wear em too often

fitteds...but very rarely

knit hats

face.....ESL glasses for the summer

shirts

recon....but some of there newer stuff is pretty wack imo

stussy

tons of skate tee's

bapes

polo

lacoste

vintage/random stuff i find second hand

lots of express and gap button downs...not the best quality but they fit me well

jackets

track jackets...i have like 10 of em, i just love the way they look

north face.....need to find a digi camo one

zip down hoodies...love em....wear em all the time, useually layered with a track jacket

sport coats/blazer...when the situation or outfit presents itself, it will be worn....slim fitting ofcourse

belts

black, brown, canves and a white studded belt...what else would i need

-----oh yeah and a ton of buckles....icon_smile_cool.gif

denim

i have been into high end denim for a while but not really all this underground stuff...this website has shown me a lot.....btw i love destroying my own levis...been doin it for a whle, my girl got me into that one

anyways.....

rogen

Jean Paul De'Mage

diesel...but only the old stuff

some guess stuff but most of their jeans fit me like crap...

gap for the lower end denim

levis...who doesnt love this brand

paper denim

rock n republic

shoes

im a shoe freak....got well over 100 at this point...its actually kinda sad....oh well

most retro nikes...come on now, ya'll know the style, i dont even need to explain it

dunks, forces, vandals, air max's, retro jordans...come on now

plus loafers and lace ups by cole haun

rainbows flip flops

an amalgamation of late 20th century (>1980s) streetwear (mostly reference to hip-hop, skate, surf, indie fashions)

shoes: sneakers/ wallabee/visvim

trousers: chino/denim (absoluteley NO bootcuts)

top: tees/ sl button ups/sweatshirts

I wanna say thanks to everyone thus far for keeping this positive, because many message boards people just go looking to be critical about opinion differences, but big ups cause ya'll are really helpng me learn new clothes info everyday about a variety of styles

Urban preppy scumbag, I guess would describe it.

Shirts:

RL Polos, RL Oxfords, Blakes, Andrews, you know the routine.

I throw in a few ginny tees, blank white tees, and True tees here and there. No Lacoste though. That shit is trash to me.

Jackets:

Adidas track jackets, University coats (basically a single-breasted peacoat with different lapels) , 3/4 walking coats, TNF jackets,

Jeans:

Diesel in both light and dark washes, in slim cuts. Not so slim that I can't reach into my pockets, but not baggy at all. I hate baggy denim.

Shorts:

Old Navy cargo shorts in khaki and navy blue, Lands End seersucker shorts, mesh basketball joints.

Shoes:

Realistically, Nike Air Maxs, 90, 95, 97, New Balance 574s all grey, one or two pairs of Dunks, some adidas like the Stan Smith, those new Nike 5.0 really got my attention, Prada America's Cup. Ideally, Salvatore Ferragamo slip ons in black, RL crocodile Oxfords or loafs.

Hats:

Yankee New Era fitteds, RL Poloman hats in all colors

Throw on a Bulova watch, regular Rayban sunglasses or $5 Aviators from the gas station, iPod, and camcorder/camera phone and I'm good.

The mags I read are Blender, Maxim, Stuff (Free subscriptions)

The magazines I actually buy are Esquire, Cargo, and sometimes XXL.

Edited by Francis Begbie on Jun 10, 2005 at 11:52 AM

casual style is 50s rocknroll based....classic selvage jeans (altho i really dig my Nudies as well), vintage shirts made mostly from rayon gabardines, rayon/silk hawaiian shirts based on 40s/50s designs (Avanti & Sunsurf), 40s cableknit shortsleeve sweaters.....and mix that up with plenty of Fred Perry/Ben Sherman polos/buttondowns as a nostalgic nod to my 10+ years as a skin. casual shoes range from engineer boots, various trainers (mostly adidas with some obscure UK ones in the mix), or leather brogues, depending on what i'm wearing on top

dressier style is more mid 60s mod based with slim-fitting high buttoning suits, mostly french cuff shirts, vintage ties, chisel toe shoes or winklepickers....Ozwald Boateng or Paul Smith are my "go-to" brands

• 1 year later...