What do you like to see girls wear??

asalinier

Hello,

This is my first post, I have enjoyed reading the board and everyone seems somewhat alternative, which I think is what I'm looking for.

I LOVE jeans but I'm sick of sevens, citizens, etc. I have them all. I like to be different. I am from a small town in Colorado so I was aturally different in my sevens. I moved to paris a year ago and I am tired of the look.

I recently bought a pair of APC hipsters and i like them. But I am having trouble getting used to the non-flare cut.

I am only 5'2", really thin also, and I always wore flared trendy jeans with heels. Now I live in Paris and heels are not an option, I walk everywhere. I feel like I look stumpy without a flared jean.

So my question, what do you like to see a girl wearing? Especially a really petite girl. I need inspiration. Even in Paris, there are clones everywhere in Sevens, heels, and blazers. I don't want to be a clone and I don't want to walk everywhere in heels anymore. It hurts and I look like I'm trying too hard.

Lots of girls look great in skinnier jeans and flats or Chuck Taylors, but I'm too short. I am tired of girl-based fashion boards who love Sevens. I am sick of them.

I don't know what to wear on top eaither, especially since sweater-weather is disappearing. I am so interested in a different perspective than trendy sevens with blazer and heels, and I am seriously in a rut.

Any opinions are more than welcome. I love it here so far.

Amanda

lost in Paris

hold tight, make good, and keep believing in the power of beauty.

rufus wainwright.

small girls look good in those tapered miss sixty jeans. no flares please..

regardless of your being 5.2, I think flats are still ok. embrace your height, it's

nothing to be ashamed of.. my gf is 5.2, and she's a cutie! I'm sure you are too..

if you wear skirts though, try not to go too much below the knee.. alot of japanese

girls tend to go for that cow girl look, but it works against them, as a long skirt on a

shorter girl makes them look shorter.. denim skirts or anything from mccartney is

dope.

don't be affraid to rock kicks.. a girl with dope kicks is kinda sexy...

sorry I can't be of any more help..

dig.

i would recomend the new WR we are replay jeans with the beads patch.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6772651530

those are really nice. i think girls dont have to care about selvage and washing creases and stuff. its more of a boys thing like sneakers, too.

and BTW also i think, speaking for most guys here, we like to see girls wearing as less as possibleicon_smile_big.gif

good that summer has come..

Edited by juxtaposed on Jun 6, 2005 at 10:33 AM

very tight jeans(almost like drainpipes) and some flats. or short denim skirt and footless tights. or loose combats and some flats. theres many styles. could go for the baggier miss sixty and some dunks??

eqzoom.ms?img=1049888.pct&outputx=300&outputy=360&level=1&x=0&y=0&backcolor=#FFFFFF those with some flats??

ice cold vintage image_346_7245.jpg

Edited by witts on Jun 6, 2005 at 11:15 AM

thanks so much for the responses. i did try diesel keates. I felt like a treestump.

I like yohji and vivienne westwood and i always hav a scarf in my (shortish) hair.

I usually wear long tees with ballet flats or Chuck Taylors, and a Vivienne Westwod asymmetrical jacket.

I wear lots of black. I love Rufus Wainwright, along with jazz and opera. Lately I love David Guetta.

And I want to wear skinny jeans! I am having trouble breaking out of the flared jeans rut.

perhaps, although I am afraid, I should post pics of me in the flared jeans and in the APC jeans?

I don't feel like the stright cut looks good.

i am usually very basic with colorful scarves in my hair and great bags.

thanks so much for the help.

amanda

rufus wainwright.

also, sorry, forgot to add: I usually only wear really dark denim. And only non-stretch. I hate stretch jeans. So the APCs are ideal, I am just not confident about the cut.

I love Levis too, but they are all stretch in Europe!

I hope that explains "me" a bit.

rufus wainwright.

hi amanda, - pics would be nice!

I selected some looks that I think look good!

Better post something than post nothing so... the looks are popular in Japan (small people)

http://img291.echo.cx/img291/3391/look012fn.jpg

http://img294.echo.cx/img294/9842/look026au.jpg

http://img292.echo.cx/img292/869/look032wn.jpg

http://img94.echo.cx/img94/4876/look048ba.jpg

btw, I think Evisu Donna kimono-like fabrics look very stylish.

slim-bootcut/slightly flared jeans:

http://www.revolveclothing.com/brandpages/Evisu.jsp

http://www.evisuonline.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=OA03DJE02&Category_Code=

Edited by Geowu on Jun 6, 2005 at 01:28 PM

Amanda, some guys are suckers for cute petite girls. icon_smile.gif If you want inspirations, watch Audrey Hepburn movies (Sabrina and Breakfast at Tiffany's) and look at photos of her in casual clothing. Timeless and perfection! Heads will turn and men will fall all over themselves. A good place to start is www.audreyhepburn.com. Personally, I think jeans are too vulgar for the feminine specie. They also emphasize too much on the butt. These statements are coming from a certifiable butt guy and a denimhead! Good luck and we're always here to help out a cute girl. icon_smile_big.gif

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

My baby momma (5'6" / 115) wears APC (straight) raw selvage. Slight hem & a slight cuff with sneakers, leaves em' alone with heels.

They're the shit!

She also messes with some of Rogans more straight slacks...

Basically wears black girls lacoste polos or some of the serendipity brand shit for T's & thermals or even tanks (plain with none of the graphic crap splashed all over em')

Gets some stuff from mon petit oiseau or Wendy Mullin from time to time xgirl.

She's in the game for the most part (gets the 501xx raw & sits in the tub then wears em' til the dry on her, they shrink right up perfect, stay dark, show whiskers & honeycombs, etc. pretty fresh) .... Loves her some damn slip-on Vans too for sure!

She's always bitchin' like you though...

No flares though PLEASE!

-Dub

Depending on how old they are, I like girls with a slightly dishevelled throwback casual kind of look. Such a nice counterpoint to the ubiquitous JLo / Lindsay Lohan wannabe thing.

Standard Issue:

-slouchy, but not baggy 501s or Lees. High end dry denim is good too, but please stay away from pre-distressed fakery. Everybody hates a tourist.

-classic kicks (shell toes, chuck taylors, vans, Pumas, whatever). Clarks are nice too. Heels and -jeans are almost always a heinous combination. Running shoes are for running.

-a broken in fitted T

-a hat of some kind, so long as it's well worn and worn well

-cheap sunglasses

-canvas knapsack or bike courier bag

-button-down shirts or western shirt with mother-of pearl buttons.

-Vintage blazer (velvet is nice) or knitted track jacket

-Plain, or at least subtly styled hoodie. not too huge. This goes for guys as well

-A decent novel. Don't overlook this. No Cosmo in public.

-Glock 10mm with a laser sight

Extra credit:

-Single speed bike (If you could do a trackstand, I'd take a bullet for you)

-Koss PortaPro headphones with your MP3

-A scar with a good story behind it

-De-branded goods (Nike kicks minus the swoosh, Evisu with the arctuate removed, etc.)

-a ninja star

Dont's

-Tight flared jeans with heels

-Big-ass frameless sunglasses a la J Lo 3 years ago

-Cheap rings (unless they're funny or made of bakelite)

-A flippin couture purse.

-Big earrings. Unless you can really pull off that 80's hair rocker or disco queen look. Can you?

-trucker hat, but you already knew that.

-Pretty much anything with an obvious brand name.

Other little gems:

-Don't try to fake it with Urban Outfitters faux-grunge crap. Unconvincing. Just go for real crap.

-Two words: Booze, weed.

-Body piercings will never go out of style. Never.

-Go eeeeasy on the makeup and perfume.

-Put... the... cellphone... away. When it rings, act natural.

-Every guy (save for the most shallow and insecure) loves smart, fun girls. We put up with high-maintenance drama queens because we'll endure anything to get laid. But we love girls who dance their asses off, roll nice spliffs, can run a mile, and know a bit of maths and history.

Amanda-good to see another Coloradan on SF

One of my friends is also 5'2" and skinny and she wears really slim, dark jeans and a lot of black tops and it seem to fit her well without making her look any shorter. I think she wears some AG jeans; Earnest Sewn also has slim-cut jeans in dark washes. You can also try looking at pics on thefashionspot.com--there's alot of pics of Japanese girls (whom are mostly shorter in stature) just to get ideas. Good luck.

I'm so self-conscious...

I think the whole “look†thing is always interesting. Time’s I’ve been out thinking I looked like sh*t, unshaven and just no effort, girlfriend’s have later told me that’s what they liked. Other times, you’re clean shaven, nice shirt and you get the same response. Sometimes the opposite. Every time you try and second guess what other people will like, it fucks up, so I say always best to dress for yourself – in what you’re comfortable in.

having said that amanda, if I had to say what I liked to see girls in.. I can’t help always coming back to the same thing. In summertime, nothing better than a pair of something like those replays that juxtaposed posted, with a nice vest top – black, green, any colour will do. Looks confident and sexy. I know that isn’t the height of fashion and its got nothing to do with labels.. but the clothes shouldn’t hide the woman underneath. Less is more. Especially in summer!

I wouldn’t give a shit about the French girls, from my experience most of them are in training from the age of 15 to look and be like their mothers..

none of that la senza shit....

more of the juciy couture please, maybe less lv bags i am so sickin tired of seeing them

more street style not try to be high class but I wear new balance trainers style

just my 2 cents...don't fire at me!!!

-don't hate, appreciate-

Church/Shopping in nice areas/Datetime Date):

Louboutin "Clichy's" (sky blue, & 5" not the four please_)*, pleated skirt (pleatedthe whole length though,and fitted around the butt), white top/maybe a light shirt over that. Bigish Sunglasses.

Casual outting (mall/buying cocaine/abortions):

COH (cuffed so you can see alittle calf), rainbows, light top, sweatshirt. Very Comfortable.

*Can substitute Blahnik "Mary Janes" in pink or light blue.

I'm unsure of what your price range is so I'll be vague.

Edwin denim is great. Accessible and comfortable.

Stussy is great. Very disposable. And cheap. The tops are tiny (which is good for petites or flat chested females).

Shoes are tricky. There are literally thousands of girl brands that are all incredible. And since you're doing TONS of walking you'll probably go through them quickly. Don't get those flats with a tiny 1/8" heel. It'll be destroyed within 5 hours.

You're short. And that's great. Don't put your pant leg into a boot. It'll make you seem shorter than you are. Skirts: Only wear ones that are short or knee length. Don't go under the knee. Trust me, you will look like shit.

Fuck, you're in Paris. YOU HAVE UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES.

• 4 weeks later...

My very nice Lilly,

it is really true that you have only such problems?

Please excuse, but i am, you know this, mostly in the night watching my little

deposit. It i s only a little deposit. A very little deposit, because i am very, very, very poor.

My fridge is very, very empty.

It is not so much as you had waisted money in your short life?????????????

I think F. is very rich and i think he is an idiot, no he is more he is blind..

Please tell him if he would invest the money of his parents in eastern europe funds,

you could waste much more money.

Eastern europe is really a very interesting invest, i see.

What do you think, it is good to make a new blokking , my very nice little hollow sister.

But do not forget, is blokking good for your "daily life" ??????????

I will drink the last glass of wine (whine) and go to bed.

And i send to you a litlle "fuck yourselve".