Work Sneaker Recommendations?

jubei

I'm looking for a sneaker that looks a little dressier for my office (so I can get away with wearing it during the week)

What I am NOT looking for:

Anything remotely resembling diesel sneakers (but expert SuFu'ers know that)

What I AM looking for:

Something sleek, logoless.

Probably not too chunky, but preferably with a decent midsole (i.e. not vulcanized... I'm a commuter so I'd like to be able to walk from home to train to work very comfortably)

Netural colors (black, white, grey)

spanks

Guest StuckOnStupid
Sorry dude - man it up and wear some comfortable dress shoes. Sneakers aren't for the office.

haha im wearing trashed gap slipons right now and aint naan nigga can say nuffin! business casual rules. in fact, i wore a nice shirt/tie/cardigan combo the other day and people were like "So...you got an interview somewhere else?"

or be that dude who wears sneakers TO work and then changes into his dressy stuff at work :confused: :eek:

Yah that's me at the moment :) Band Aids or PF Flyers on the way to work, then thrift Hanover Calfskin Dress Shoes

Sorry dude - man it up and wear some comfortable dress shoes. Sneakers aren't for the office.

I was thinking of using these more for Casual Friday (or for "accidentally" forgetting to swtich into my work shoes)

Those Kim Jones for Umbro wovens look nice, but I hate the idea of paying more than $40 for anything with a Vulcanized Sole. Sorry, but if I'm shelling out that much money for a sneaker, I want some modern technology to go into my investment.

Guest jmatsu

givenchy sneakers. lanvin sneakers.

someone else mentioned umbro by kim jones. i think that it would have to be a solid color to work (body and sole that is).

Id say Comon projects or some simple lacoste. As long as theres minimal logos, and its in a conservative colorway, it should be ok. When I worked at my summer internships in the Bay Area, everyone just wore Asics and NB with their Dockers and shortsleeve button ups. If youre in East Coast id say just find some comfortable dress shoes, like hushpuppies or so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...