The Story of Self Control and the Worthless Post

BoardC3

So I have noticed that I do this many times. I see a thread, read a little, click the quick reply button and just start writing what I'm thinking. Usually about 3 sentences in I notice that what I'm saying will not only probably be not that interesting to anyone on the board, but also is really just not that interesting to me. I then proceed to STOP typing hit the back button and forget about posting something worthless. Finally I am thinking that more people should think this way. Many many people get called out on posting questions that have been answered 10000 times on SuFu but I think that more people need to notice that what they are about to post (/have posted) is worthless and should show the self control to stop.

By the way Ill be the first person to say, hey BoardC3 what you just posted is in fact not important, but if I can stop a few people from making a few worthless posts then my post here is completely worth while.

Guest itsmeJT
So I have noticed that I do this many times. I see a thread, read a little, click the quick reply button and just start writing what I'm thinking. Usually about 3 sentences in I notice that what I'm saying will not only probably be not that interesting to anyone on the board, but also is really just not that interesting to me. I then proceed to STOP typing hit the back button and forget about posting something worthless. Finally I am thinking that more people should think this way. Many many people get called out on posting questions that have been answered 10000 times on SuFu but I think that more people need to notice that what they are about to post (/have posted) is worthless and should show the self control to stop.

By the way Ill be the first person to say, hey BoardC3 what you just posted is in fact not important, but if I can stop a few people from making a few worthless posts then my post here is completely worth while.

agree infinite %

i wish fndmyselfabettername (whatever it is) and a hundred others would think better of posting whatever lame attempt of humour they can think of to try and play 'popularity' contest. when instead all they're doing is making superfuture 'shittyfuture'.

if you posted in that up your post count thread you literally need to be purged

Guest StuckOnStupid

well see now you just look like an asshole who cares about the sanctity of the computernet too much.

Guest StuckOnStupid
i know how you feel... so i gave up about 5000 worthless posts.

you should make your avatar a cute small baby chimpanzee since you are starting fresh....

• 1 year later...
I'm a moran

Touche..but 900 post already? wtf, do you do anything in life? There's a reason that forums allow you to think before you submit -- so it actually looks like morons aren't having a conversation. When in fact...well, look at you:confused:

And post #3 obv wins the thread.

/thread

• 3 weeks later...