I'm a late adopter; help me jump on the metallic shoes bandwagon!

Fuuma

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jmatsu

i am ready to acutally purchase something from hare again.

remember the rick owen's rip offs zipped highs in black and white?

they now come in silver!!!

i'm too lazy to look for pics, but i saw some random young jap kid doing "boots-in" /tuck with them. they looked magical. someone post pics.

Guest jmatsu
i'm no longer lazy:

Rod Laver $100

Silver leather/lback nubuck

adidas_silver_packs_002.jpg

Gazelle $80

Silver leather

adidas_silver_packs_004.jpg

i like the rod, but the gazelle for some reason conjures dangerous imagery of nike swooshless dunks/af1 (yeah i know the silouette is totally different but still...).

• 3 months later...
looks like you might be able to paint over the purple with silver or black paint

i thought of this, but don't have the nerve. black would be kinda "ify..."

silver would be my first choice, but if shit wasn't done perfectly, it'd look too diy, no??

i think it would look good. you can easily tape off the area and put few coats of paint. is the stripe leather? if it is then you might have to use sand paper first.

i flunked arts and crafts, so i just don't have the nerve to do this. maybe i could send them to fuckin methamphibian or those malaysian sabotage guys...

glide_b_03.jpg

fuck!!!!!!!!!! perfect silouette, but they had to ruin this by putting that stupid violet/purple on it. what a fucking waste of silver and a nice shoe.

who makes them?

glide_b_03.jpg

fuck!!!!!!!!!! perfect silouette, but they had to ruin this by putting that stupid violet/purple on it. what a fucking waste of silver and a nice shoe.

it's a shame all of the colorways of this shoe kind of suck. i wish they'd do an all white version, and as jmat said, these ones would be great without that stupid purple bullshite

• 2 months later...

ive been thinking the same think about those pf flyer glides for the longest..

and yes that purple shit on the heel burns a hole in my heart...

has anyone seen a white pair of the glides with a silver heel??

a store in chicago, Akira, put out a flyer that featured them on it, and i kept asking when they were coming in , but they neeevver came through..maybe it was a sample or something

i, too strive for a pair of all white glides tho :(, all colors out now suck badly

This seems like a good way to achieve a subtle metallic effect on leather shoes:

http://www.shoeshinekit.com/tameco.html

82949428ha4.jpg

Note: These are shoe creams, not polishes (like Kiwi), so the application method is a bit different... This would probably be a better (and longer-lasting) option to painting onto leather.

I'll try this at some point... Just thought I'd add this to the thread.

This seems like a good way to achieve a subtle metallic effect on leather shoes:

http://www.shoeshinekit.com/tameco.html

82949428ha4.jpg

Note: These are shoe creams, not polishes (like Kiwi), so the application method is a bit different... This would probably be a better (and longer-lasting) option to painting onto leather.

I'll try this at some point... Just thought I'd add this to the thread.

def let us know (and pix) how shit turns out. is there even a shoe customization thread in sufu???