Denim Society in Philadelphia?

So a few months back I'd heard from my girlfriend through the grapevine at Temple that a group of people were doing denim sales out of their home in the area for women. We found they started up a site at http://www.denim-society.com/ and found out they basically sell brands like Paper Denim and Joe's Jeans etc. What I'm curious to know is has anything else occurred like this in the area? Aside from Matthew Izzo there isn't much in the way of specialty denim that I know of unless you head to another major city (although http://historypreservation.com is based out of a factory in Cherry Hill, NJ but they're online sales only).

i heard about those sales too up at rutgers in new brunswick. apparently a dude will come to your house with a ton of nordstroms-esque jeans that fell off the back of a truck. all the sororities do it, haha.

as for philly... within sells prps. for anything more than that, izzo, and deep sleep, try new york :(

i heard about those sales too up at rutgers in new brunswick. apparently a dude will come to your house with a ton of nordstroms-esque jeans that fell off the back of a truck. all the sororities do it, haha.

as for philly... within sells prps. for anything more than that, izzo, and deep sleep, try new york :(

I'm not actually looking to purchase from anyone, I just wish there was some greater collective in the area to work towards creating like a truly premium denim shop in this area. Something like BiG or The Denim Bar of Self Edge you know?

There is no market for a BiG or Self Edge in Philly yet. I know Deep Sleep is doing pretty well, but their denim isn't exactly flying off the shelves. People in Philly don't want to pay $200 for jeans right now, especially when they just look like Levi's. But just sit tight, things may be changing soon . . .;)

There is no market for a BiG or Self Edge in Philly yet. I know Deep Sleep is doing pretty well, but their denim isn't exactly flying off the shelves. People in Philly don't want to pay $200 for jeans right now, especially when they just look like Levi's. But just sit tight, things may be changing soon . . .;)

Haha I know that's exactly the problem here. But I really hope something happens, it's just frustrating to see it stay stagnant!

i don't think philly needs a new store, stores really need more clientle....

Well speaking of clientele I'm probably going to head to deep now and take a look around there. And no disrespect to matthew izzo and co but sometimes I just feel like I'm being glared at when I go in. They're usually polite with their greetings and everything but sometimes it's just intimidating.

deffinatly stop into deep sleep, alotta cool shit in the shop right now not too muh in terms of denim but its all about getting people into the shop, and like cmykhustla says the demand isnt there, yet here we are on a thread, its up to guys like us to make a demand.

whats the address of the izzo store? I went to find it last time and I couldn't

I notice on their website they have multiple stores, but really where is this place

The clothing store is located on 13th street between Sansom and Chesnut. It's on the right heading north. You can check the exact address at matthewizzo.com . The location on Walnut Street is their furniture store.

Found a pair of Earnest Sewn rigid half-selvage Fultons at a Marshall's in Marple (about 10 minutes up City Line Ave.) They were missing their top button, but that was a nothing a quick trip to the adjacent Joann couldn't fix. About as close as I have come to Denim Culture. No one in Philly has ever mentioned anything to me about my Sugarcanes.

Found a pair of Earnest Sewn rigid half-selvage Fultons at a Marshall's in Marple (about 10 minutes up City Line Ave.) They were missing their top button, but that was a nothing a quick trip to the adjacent Joann couldn't fix. About as close as I have come to Denim Culture. No one in Philly has ever mentioned anything to me about my Sugarcanes.

Hahaha about like three months ago when the Marshall's opened in South Philly near Target they had this pair of the ugliest Antik Denim corduroys I've probably ever seen. If you go to the Loehmann's on Chesnut Street that also recently opened, I've seen a couple Lee half-selvage models there too, along with some Earnest Sewn stuff as well. And uh, some really wide flare/bell bottom/ white true religions. How much were the jeans? I almost bought a pair of Sewns in LA for like some ridiculous amount like $30 but I was on a budget and didn't absolutely love the way they looked on me.

!!! I was there about two months ago and saw the same pair but they were to tight. nice pickup.

Hahaha about like three months ago when the Marshall's opened in South Philly near Target they had this pair of the ugliest Antik Denim corduroys I've probably ever seen. If you go to the Loehmann's on Chesnut Street that also recently opened, I've seen a couple Lee half-selvage models there too, along with some Earnest Sewn stuff as well. And uh, some really wide flare/bell bottom/ white true religions. How much were the jeans? I almost bought a pair of Sewns in LA for like some ridiculous amount like $30 but I was on a budget and didn't absolutely love the way they looked on me.

that Lee half selvage stuff is a good find, ive got a pair of Knox that I really like but dont get much wear out of since they bleed really bad, other than that the lee shit is nice

whats the address of the izzo store? I went to find it last time and I couldn't

I notice on their website they have multiple stores, but really where is this place

that Lee half selvage stuff is a good find, ive got a pair of Knox that I really like but dont get much wear out of since they bleed really bad, other than that the lee shit is nice

I think I'm probably going to pick up a pair of Lee Rider skinny cuts in the blue wax from Rakuten, they're really the only Lees I've taken a huge interest in.

Earnest Sewns were $50, had a $25 gift card though. So only cost me $25 out of pocket. Got another gift card recently, now I can't find a damned thing that interests me.

Earnest Sewns were $50, had a $25 gift card though. So only cost me $25 out of pocket. Got another gift card recently, now I can't find a damned thing that interests me.

What are you talking about? Didn't I just tell you that there was a pair of GREEN ANTIK CORDUROYS WITH TONS OF WHITE STITCHING?

nah dude i snatched those up in a hurry when i heard about them. impulse buy what can i say

Hahahaha. Welcome to Philadelphia.

Unrelated, since we're discussing denim in Philly I'm pretty happy to say that tomorrow and next week I'm getting two free pairs of the pumaxevisus in greencast and black for free. Probably the best deal I've ever received from a job.

^^nice dude plus i know you get the crazy 60% disc. dont you, what fit is the greencast, they intrigue me

The greencast comes in I think all the washes except for the naval. They're arriving in store either tomorrow or next Wednesday. I'm getting the slim in that wash literally as soon as they arrive in the store. And yeah the discount is a whopping 60% so I'm pretty stoked.