quitting smoking

Originatek

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quit quit quit! as awesome as smoking is it's not worth any of the financial or health expenses. i smoked 10-15 a day for 8 years and quit over a year ago. i cut down over two months to 2-3 per day. then it was just time to motherfuckin' quit and be done with it.

looking back on it now, i'm disgusted that i did that to my body for so long (even though i still think cigarette smoke smells delicious). aren't we all pretty vain on this forum? doesn't the threat of premature aging scare the fuck out of you? sure as hell did me.

I am actually kinda glad to say that I haven't bought a pack since april and I haven't had one since the end of June. Hard as hell to quit again, but I'm done this time and I know this because I can actually hang outside at the bar w/ my friends and not smoke one.

• 1 year later...

I'm digging up this to state that I am still going strong, I've had maybe two cigarettes since I decided to quite and both were a test to see if i could enjoy them,but not become addicted again. Also to offer support to anyone else who decided to quit or is thinking about it.

I used to smoke since i was 13 (lucky strikes, reds).. then got in to the respiratory therapy field, nothing will make you quit like seeing what it does i.e. cancer, copd, ect.

I had a patient with cancer who had a lobectomy basicaly drowning in his own secretions .. still sounds like fun? how about getting suctioned every 30 minutes because its coming up through you trach...still fun how about being put on the ventilator just to breath...everytime i would go in his room he would ask me just to turn the vent off and let him die ... he eventually expired due to his state.

when i finally quit(cold turkey).. i notice when im around people that do smoke(to each his own, i'm no snob) the smoke irritates my nose, and the next day i have a bad sore throat. and the stench on your clothes please... and kissing girls that smoke now that i dont..the taste is horrible.

i know its a little different, but ever since i posted that i was going to stop smoking weed, i did. Sunday will be my 7th week sober

It was shitty the first few days but i got over it. If i can do it, anyone can. BEEEEEEFCAAAAAAAAAAAKKE

I rarely smoke during summer and winter vacations, but whenever im in school, I have a tendency of smoking cigs. Def cutting down. Does smoking a cig really boost your high after smoking weed? My friend keeps telling me this, but its disgusting to smoke a cig with a dry mouth in my opinion.

^ same, i'd never stoge after a hit

around SJ (not downtown), there's nothing to do but smoke weed, stoges, or hookah.

quittin's hard but so worth it.

san jose is a shitty city. Read Joan Didion's "Where I was From." she agrees.

which part of sj are you from? south/almaden here