Overrated movies that bother you due to their popularity

homi29

i feel this thread is deviating from " Overrated movies that bother you due to their popularity" to "hate on popular films you dont like"

mass i know your list was half in jest ( at least i hope so), but do you seriously think all korean films, are hyped up, beyond their correct position in popluar culture?

and hating on all of oliver stone's and kubrick's output is beyond stupid, its ignorant and dangerous to the very fabric of society.

neg rep for you.

14o26ih.gif

natural born killers was aiight. wasnt that him?

it was him. i also thought it was alright when it came out but i was probably 15 then. haven't seen it since then. i saw minutes of it the other day when my roommate was watching and it just didn't do anything to me. maybe when it came out, it was this totally 90s movie, timing was just right.

i remember that the first time i watched natural born killer with a friend, we were like "wtf is this shit ?" at the end. i watched it again a few month ago and i still don't know what to think of it.

i guess it was mindblowing back in the days.

it was never all that groundbreaking, but its a well done film. doesnt belong in this thread because noones really hyping it. it actually was mixed reveiws when it came out. people criticized it for its shock value. i think its decent. harrleson was good and so was downey. and dangerfield murked it.

whoa whoa whoa.

firstly, do the right thing is incredible.

secondly, crash is anything but a white guilt movie. its a white power movie. fuck crash. on the surface its about racism so theres a superficial white guilt catharsis at work, but underneath it reenforces so many terrible stereotypes and cliches that it actually serves to strenghten racism rather than confront it head on honestly deconstruct it. FUCK CRASH.

its so spot on its embarrasing to watch if you grew up with people like these characters.

I happen to be 31, so I know exactly what NESK is talkin about here and completely agree. I grew up with idiots like that. Actually, I might have been one of them.

A movie that I saw recently was the last one by M. Night Shimalan(probably mispelled). I dont even remember what it was called. It was about nature doing some population reduction. This movie re-enforced the importance of writing and direction. The acting, normaly decent actors, were horrible. The ending;well, we've all seen his movies. Pretty fukin laim..

hating on oliver stone is spot on. he didn't make a good movie since the 80s. i hate how some people get the untouchable label.

Fuck any movie except Conan The Barbarian. everything Oliver Stone touches is shit. I hate Wall Street with a passion.

statham plays the same character in every movie.

this is a fact. He's the Ben Stiller of action-movies.

kids is overrated by people who are watching it now and trying to find street culture authenticity. as a time capsule, though, its underated. its so spot on its embarrasing to watch if you grew up with people like these characters.

to this day i still haven't seen Kids in its entirety

saw Bully though, that was trash.

Any Jason Statham movie. Snatch and Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels were okay though
yeah..Jason Statham fell off after those flics..
statham plays the same character in every movie.
Fuck any movie except Conan The Barbarian. everything Oliver Stone touches is shit. I hate Wall Street with a passion.

this is a fact. He's the Ben Stiller of action-movies.

The Transporter series is my guilty pleasure. I just like the whole eurospy shit and the Audi love. The girl in the new one does it for me too. mmmmmmmm redheads.

I think Paths of Glory gets a little too much love. i liked it, but it wasnt great

yo hating on amelie is like kicking an HIV positive nigerian child soldier whose family was killed mining diamonds and his orphanage pimps him to bushmen when he isnt forced into commiting genocide; explosively out of order. i

Hey!

We don't even have diamonds or a war in Nigeria.

You are thinking Sierra Leone my friend. Get your shit straight.

Anyway, I think Bond Movies are corny and suck for the most part. But I think the same thing for almost all action movies. Might just be me.

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but M Night Suckalan

Everything but...nope. everything sucks.

and in the same vein as Statham (except he's a natural badass), prety much every Wahlberg movie outside of Boogie Nights sucks. It's just him, usually as a cop, shouting at someone

Guest jmatsu
I'm sure it's been mentioned, but M Night Suckalan

Everything but...nope. everything sucks.

^overrated passe criticism that bothers me due to it's popularity.

unbreakable is fuckin tits the first time you watch it.

Fear and loathing in las vegas. Fuck I hate this movie.

Easy Rider I couldn't take this shit

Fight club

Babel

Leon probably going to get hate but it is the truf

Tarantino including Reservoir Dogs

Rushmore horrible

^overrated passe criticism that bothers me due to it's popularity.

unbreakable is fuckin tits the first time you watch it.

Didn't see unbreakable so i guess i rescind my comment due to that movie. But I did hear something about bruce willis's character not thinking he can bench 200lbs. As a weightlifter....cmon, really? maybe that's a big number to m night, but bruce willis probably did that when he was 12.

Pretty much all my hatred is directed toward Signs (which fully deserves it)

Fear and loathing in las vegas. Fuck I hate this movie.

Easy Rider I couldn't take this shit

Fight club

Babel

Leon probably going to get hate but it is the truf

Tarantino including Reservoir Dogs

Rushmore horrible

I can see parts that you may find annoying in many of these movies, but "all out suck"? For some reason I can't see how someone wouldn't like Leon. It's been a good few years since I've seen it, but I've watched it at least like 4 times or so.

and I thought rushmore was fun as hell. Darjeeling....I didn't like so much but still didn't hate it