Yoox - Blowout Sale

englandmj7

i think it's not on the sale only that the prices are different, for example, i bought an henrik vibskov t-shirt about 2 days ago for 54 euro, but if i check it from the american website it only costs 52 dollars(roughly 40 euros)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two things:

1) I was under the impression that YOOX items are mainly in the U.S. or all over the world, I mean when I placed some orders in the past it has arrived to me in 1-3 days, and their return address is also in the U.S.

2) HAHA

well, i have ordered things from yoox more than 10 times, and every single time the items were sent from some place in italy whose name i don't recall.

ok, so i got my response from yoox already:

thank you for contacting YOOX.

The price of an article on YOOX is reduced on average by 50% off the price initially recommended by the designer.

But as the recommended prices for the same article change from country to country, this is also reflected on the various websites of YOOX.

bunch of bullshit in my opinion, since most of the brands on yoox don't even sell portugal, at least the ones i buy.

To settle the argument of whomever was saying that Yoox ships goods from Italy:

I am in the US and my order status page for an item I ordered says:

Your order is in transit from the Italian warehouse to the US distribution center. Upon arrival your parcel will be shipped and a tracking number will be issued and posted here.

So yeah...........originally comes from Italy I guess.

FREE SHIPPING CODE: fresh@yoox

someone tell this european to stop bitching.

americans deserve a fucking break with the exchange rates over there raping our asses and wallets for the past year or two.

everything is already so CHEAP in america in the first place so i don't think you guys should be allowed to complain...

everything is already so CHEAP in america in the first place so i don't think you guys should be allowed to complain...

not really, especially not in most, if not all, of the major cities.

our rents are high, our utility bills are spiking,

food is becoming more expensive, transportation

costs, etc.

all thanks to the magic of a global economy meeting face to face with global conflict.

so, unless i move to arkansas and live in a shack and grow my own food...

wait no, farmers here are consistently being fucked over for grant money, and can barely make enough to live, so many family-owned farmed are being shuttered in place of larger conglomerate farms owned and operated by mid-size corporations.

basically, no. there's not much 'cheap' about america these days, whether you're in corn country or gangland.

not really, especially not in most, if not all, of the major cities.

our rents are high, our utility bills are spiking,

food is becoming more expensive, transportation

costs, etc.

all thanks to the magic of a global economy meeting face to face with global conflict.

so, unless i move to arkansas and live in a shack and grow my own food...

wait no, farmers here are consistently being fucked over for grant money, and can barely make enough to live, so many family-owned farmed are being shuttered in place of larger conglomerate farms owned and operated by mid-size corporations.

basically, no. there's not much 'cheap' about america these days, whether you're in corn country or gangland.

i don't really care for this to turn into an argument, but America is one of the wealthiest country in the world, but in proportion to gdp per capita, cost of living is much lower than in europe or asia. to anyone who has traveled a bit, the cheapness of consumer goods sold in america is so apparent and unmistakable. but i guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...

i'll trade my 48% income tax rate for yours any day even if i have to pay extra for health care...

I get taxed 33% + state tax, not to mention payroll tax contribution to Social Security and Medicare: 15.3% of your salary, AND I have to pay $220 a month for health/dental insurance. In addition to that, in the city I live in, you can't even rent a studio apartment for less than $1000 a month. This doesn't exactly even us out just because we can get t-shirts for cheaper in this country.

Also, let's not forgot a lovely little thing you guys have called "NO INHERITANCE TAX".......in the U.S. it's over 50%.

I get taxed 33% + state tax, not to mention payroll tax contribution to Social Security and Medicare: 15.3% of your salary, AND I have to pay $220 a month for health/dental insurance. In addition to that, in the city I live in, you can't even rent a studio apartment for less than $1000 a month. This doesn't exactly even us out just because we can get t-shirts for cheaper in this country.

Also, let's not forgot a lovely little thing you guys have called "NO INHERITANCE TAX".......in the U.S. it's over 50%.

we could argue a long time about where is more expensive than where, but although it wasn't clear at first, i was only speaking about consumer goods which there is no doubt are cheaper in the US. bottom line is that you better be rich in america and poor in canada ;)

about inheritance tax, if you are refering to canada, we just tax inheretance differentely, there is DEFINITELY a tax. instead of charging a flat rate on the inheritance, the estate have to pay capital gain taxes so depending on the inheritance, the average tax rate can go from zero (if the deceased was 100% liquid) to real real high. but overall, capital gain taxes are lower so i guess it might be better in the long run.

we could argue a long time about where is more expensive than where, but although it wasn't clear at first, i was only speaking about consumer goods which there is no doubt are cheaper in the US. bottom line is that you better be rich in america and poor in canada ;)

about inheritance tax, if you are refering to canada, we just tax inheretance differentely, there is DEFINITELY a tax. instead of charging a flat rate on the inheritance, the estate have to pay capital gain taxes so depending on the inheritance, the average tax rate can go from zero (if the deceased was 100% liquid) to real real high. but overall, capital gain taxes are lower so i guess it might be better in the long run.

I am still passionately in love with you Kasper, there is no doubt about that.

If you are talking about cars, groceries, etc. than yep........we probably do get them for cheaper.