Is this necklace too large?

jooky

Looks like you're trying waaaaayyy to hard. Keep it if you want to look like a tool. If you want a better accessory, take that bic lighter and light a cigararette. Guys look much cooler with cigs than with fruity necklaces. Maybe don't make the necklace the focal point of your outfit with that baby blue tee? Where it under a tshirt/hoodie or shirt/cardigan combo or something to make so it doesn't look like you're dying to show off your necklace so bad and looks moe natural.

I wasn't wearing the necklace as a part of that outfit, I just put it on to take a picture to show the size. But what you're saying is kind of what I was worried about, chrono: that the necklace will be the focal point of the outfit. I generally wear pretty minimal stuff, so even wearing a cardigan or other layering pieces, the necklace would still probably stand out on its own.

Essentially, that's what I was asking; is the necklace too large to NOT be the focal point? I don't wear any other jewelry, and, as stated, I keep my clothing pretty minimal, so it doesn't seem to fit in very well. It's my fault, obviously, for buying the necklace without considering the size, but I was hoping for something smaller that wouldn't be so obvious.

Anyway, thanks for all of the opinions, regardless.

I got the keys a while back, I like them. Sometimes I wear them with another shorter medallion necklace I made, other times solo. Regardless, they draw alot of positive attention.

It astounds me that people would actually ask an internet forum at large if something looked good or not. If you have to ask the internet, it probably doesn't But since you asked....

In your case, it looks OK. Not great, not "like shit", just mediocre. Doesn't suit your style well from what I see there. Looks like perhaps your fears of the piece "wearing you" are not unfounded. Plus that shirts shade isn't a favorite of mine.

It's not because it's too big, and it sure as hell isn't too long (men in chokers=Nah). It just looks like you went too the shop, and thought you might try on a look, and failed. Soundune(?) wears one alot too. I don't think it goes particularly well with his B-boy posturing (see his WAYWT) but that's me. I wouldn't tell him to stop wearing that shit.

My advice? Log off. Put on your necklace with a plain white, grey, or black V-neck, and go play outside. The answer to your question is better found in the "touch-and-feel" world.

For a necklace that long, the chain part should be thicker

No.

Chris is also 48 feet tall and makes me hate my diminuitive stature.

I remember him saying he was 5'10" or something like that. I think chris's long necklaces matches his style: alot of draping, elongating, etc., which brings me to the next quote

In your case, it looks OK. Not great, not "like shit", just mediocre. Doesn't suit your style well from what I see there. Looks like perhaps your fears of the piece "wearing you" are not unfounded. Plus that shirts shade isn't a favorite of mine.

It's not because it's too big, and it sure as hell isn't too long (men in chokers=Nah). It just looks like you went too the shop, and thought you might try on a look, and failed.

definently. seems like the necklace is wearing you, and doesnt mix with your hairstyle, muscle (no homo), and the vibe you convey. its definently not too long either. you dont want to look like diamonds and his alex+chloe necklace. its a bit too short and really doesnt look good (my opinion).