OMFG... I just did the math

lowrider

Lowrider- I completely understand your brother, its terrible, onece you have two its easy to stretch to four, I spent £3k on a downhiller, then did my old hardtail up superlight for crosscountry, then I bought a BMX for commuting and small runs, then I had to get a hack bike because the BMX screwed my back up. Slippery slope eh?

EDIT - I really want an uber light road bike now.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowrider- I completely understand your brother, its terrible, onece you have two its easy to stretch to four, I spent £3k on a downhiller, then did my old hardtail up superlight for crosscountry, then I bought a BMX for commuting and small runs, then I had to get a hack bike because the BMX screwed my back up. Slippery slope eh?

EDIT - I really want an uber light road bike now.

I have a Schwinn that's was worth around $3K+ when it was new years ago. I got it from an ex-pro downhill racer who got into motorcycling and picked up a race suit from me. He couldn't pay me what he owed so he gave me this bike. It gets me around but I kinda feel bad using it. It's like driving a Ferrari around town, completely not using it for what it was made for.

My brother has around 7 - 9 bikes... Time, Lepierre, Serrota, DeRosa, Schwinn Paramount, and others I can't pronounce... All with either Dura Ace or Campy Record... nutz...

Now that I think about it, the purchase of a quality, handcrafted bicycle is probably a lot easier to justify:

1. the frame lasts a lifetime (if it's titanium or steel)

2. you get a workout and live longer as a result of cycling

I doubt any pair of jeans will last you a lifetime, and they certainly won't give you a workout. So, my solution is: sell all your jeans and invest in high end bicycles! Or, you can give all your jeans to me instead. It'll save you a bunch of time selling them on ebay. ;)

Now that I think about it, the purchase of a quality, handcrafted bicycle is probably a lot easier to justify:

1. the frame lasts a lifetime (if it's titanium or steel)

2. you get a workout and live longer as a result of cycling

I doubt any pair of jeans will last you a lifetime, and they certainly won't give you a workout. So, my solution is: sell all your jeans and invest in high end bicycles! Or, you can give all your jeans to me instead. It'll save you a bunch of time selling them on ebay. ;)

You can't do this on a bicycle:

untitled2.jpg

You can't do this on a bicycle:

untitled2.jpg

Justs imagine the fades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lowrider- sounds like hes into road bikes and whatnot. Mate- you should sell that schwin and get a nice commuting bike, its would make life alot easier for you!

Alcapitan - I dont think ive ever got to 60mph, thats fuckin quick! Yeah, you say bikes are cheaper- but you find yourself constantly upgrading parts, replacing parts, buying the right gear, traveling for rides. The body armour and physio bills.

I think a moderate denim addiction is cheaper.

clothes are definitely an investment because everything comes full circle. I've been watching Seinfeld recently and saw Kramer rockin some old school wranglers slim fit and it reminded me of how majority of SuFu's and I dress. Also if you are an avid seinfeld watcher like me you'll notice that Jerry only rocks Nikes. The jeans you buy now will last you at least 5+ years depending on how hard you wear them. Compared to some of the other jeans brands that are more popular such as AF and R&R that tear sooooo easily!

clothes are definitely an investment because everything comes full circle. I've been watching Seinfeld recently and saw Kramer rockin some old school wranglers slim fit and it reminded me of how majority of SuFu's and I dress. Also if you are an avid seinfeld watcher like me you'll notice that Jerry only rocks Nikes. The jeans you buy now will last you at least 5+ years depending on how hard you wear them. Compared to some of the other jeans brands that are more popular such as AF and R&R that tear sooooo easily!

i think ive seen him wearing cardinal red/white jordan 7s too.

Go find yourself at least a 10% grade. For miles and miles. Just tuck in, slide off the back of the saddle. And pray!

I can't convince any of you to get off your denim addiction and I'm not trying to. As someone on SF stated, hosting a denim addiction detox on sufu is like holding a pedophilia recovery group at an elementary school. I know, not very nice...but the odds are probably the same. :eek:

Alcapitan - I dont think ive ever got to 60mph, thats fuckin quick! Yeah, you say bikes are cheaper- but you find yourself constantly upgrading parts, replacing parts, buying the right gear, traveling for rides. The body armour and physio bills.

I think a moderate denim addiction is cheaper.

Guest jeffvyain

JeffVyain's Balance sheet:

APC NS - 120

Samurai S5000vx - 300

Denime Lowrise '66 - 220

Contest Sammies - 220

Total - 860

Less Resale of:

Denime Lowrise '66 - 140

Contest Sammies - 300

Total Resale - 440

Total Spent on jeans due to finding the Future:

____

$420

Could be a lot worse. I've come to the realization that I really, truly, honestly only need to break in one pair of jeans at a time, and that means over a year of wearing a pair at once. I don't care if this or that pair is Limited and we'll never be able to buy it again. Something else we've never seen before is just around the corner.

WHEW!!! Not that anyone cares but since I posted up about buying all this stuff I figured I might as well post up that I've made all that money back!

I've just sold $2,170 (net profit) worth of Masamune Shirow (Ghost in the Shell / Appleseed) merchandise in 5 days. Thank goodness for anime fanatics! At least I feel better now that I've traded one addiction for another!

Kinda makes me feel like buying more jeans now... hmmmm... what next?

to get the complete look you'd need a big ass dress shirt tucked into the skinny jeans. FULL CIRCLE. post a pic if you get this going on, i'd be impressed