CYC Sample Sale

Kane

Okay, just heard:

There will be no W+H / Spruce / Wings & Horns at this sample sale. It will be a different set of inventory and we'll be selling other product.

I can not list prices, but the list of item categories available is as follows:

Jackets & Sweaters

Zip Hoodies

PantsPull-over Hoodies

Mock-Neck Full Zip

Crew Neck Sweat Shirt

Shorts/ Vests

Dress Shirts

Long Sleeve Tees

Polos & Short Sleeve Tees

Just got back from the sample sale. I was there about 15 minutes early and there was already a line and it got really crowded after 12 when it opened. A lot of people seemed not to know that there wasn't going to be any W+H/Wings&Horns/Spruce there. I overheard a few whining about it to friends over cell phones and I saw some people just wander in do kind of a lap and leave right away.

The stuff they had there was mostly really nice quality, though. There was some completely bizarre stuff I can't see anyone buying, but a lot of nice stuff as well. The prices seemed like there were all $5 less than the sale in December ($5 for a tee, $15 for crewnecks, $40 for hoodies, $30 for zipups and $50 for jackets from what I remember). I saw a few black and white Supreme blanks with the tags (mostly) cut out, but they all seemed to be massive (since the tags were cut I have no idea what size they were but they seemed to be at least XXL).

I got a few thermals and ttes for myself as well as a hoody and a crewneck. Obviously I would have preferred more Spruce/W+H stuff, but I'm happy with the stuff I picked up, especially for what I paid for it!

So many people were there at opening that I think anything decent was gone by 1. I got a hoody that I'm reasonably sure is an old Spruce with the label cut. I also got a blue crewneck that I think is a Spruce blank from the season they did the marbled hoodies. The outside is blue, but the inside is all marbled, like it was some sort of a test. I also got a sweet tee for the Ryuchi Sakamoto CD Casa. There were also a lot of nice blank hoodies and tees first thing.

I did see a lot of other mediocre blanks as well though - they were branded "Marina" (I think) and seemed pretty much like any Gildan blank. I'm not sure if that is another CYC house brand or if they're just blanks they had bought and never used.

I also saw the 2 asian guys that were there early back at the other sample sale and bought like a grand worth of stuff. they were at it again today buying boxes of stuff. Good luck reselling this stuff on eBay with no tags on it though, guys! One of the two of them had a nice Supreme backpack, though :)

I also wanted to add that I have never seen Samurai or Dior Homme jeans in person until this sale. It seemed like every male in there when I was there was wearing raw denim. I'm guessing at least a few of them were posters here.

I was at the sale at 12:10 ish, got a few good quality blank crews and hoodies. I like this one slim fit hoody that i got in white. I gave my friend a blank white supreme crew, which I should have kept myself *sigh*. If anyone is interested in a blank navy supreme crew, message me since it's too big for me. I believe the size is XL.

I saw those asian kids that fogg saw also. They were resellers, I've seen them at various nike SB releases here in Vancouver. I remember one girl from that group of asians that bought a box of stuff. She was at the Hawaii SB release and she bought the 3/4 of the size run since she brought the whole freakin' family to the release!!! People like that I hate the most, since it gives ppl who will actually wear the stuff no chance to buy it.

Total bust for me. I was there just before it closed (I worked all day). I saw one Supreme sweatshirt, a bunch of blank Alife zips that were way too big for me, and then a lot of tees that looked like generic souvenir type joints. Didn't notice any sweatpants..

Did see that some of the back rooms had lots of boxes stacked up, and the people there were putting new stuff out the whole time I was there so who knows what will be there the rest of the days.

Went today. Had to dig around a little bit but ended up with a nice hoodie, a w+h tee and a Supreme crew (with outside tags still attached, hooray). For people looking to go, I'd advise going early.

Also there were like 20 old chinese women there picking up stuff to sell, fun stuff.