Abercrombie

eddie2369

Quote:

abercrombie is the high school / middle school look...

--- Original message by dontcaretoomuchforcrap on May 21, 2005 01:49 PM

Lighten up a bit- alot of teens wear it, but that doesn't make it inherently bad. Abercrombie is great for basics (Amazing blank t's, good boxers, fine jeans, very quality polo's, and their oxfords are legit too). Alot of their stuff is geared toward trendy teens, but they have some good outerwear and button downs. I got a wool overcoat and velvet blazer last winter and they were great.

Abercrombie is one of very few companies making a muscle cut tee with destroyed lightweight cotton. if you enjoy the feel of a "worn" shirt, it's Abercrombie, Hollister, or sandpapering your American Appearel. It makes a great summer shirt for throwing on with some linen shorts. In general the tees look soft and flowing, much more suited for beachwear or casual weekend wear.

I love their logo-less stuff on men, and their Ezra jean is nice as well.

Edited by SongAngel on May 21, 2005 at 02:06 PM

The company is lowest common denominator, has bad politics & is a massive machine bent on monopoly.

Lame to support such a behemoth IMO...

Gap, A&F, American Eagle, Limited, H&M... Targets & WalMarts, Wholesale clubs etc etc. are all for a certain demographic.

I don't think it's that easy to pick & choose what to buy at these type places?

& If I need good underwear I'm CK or 2Xist, etc.

Shoes

Oxfords

Demin & Pants

etc etc. there are places that do them best & Abercrombie is nowhere near the top of any "best" list.

Thoughtless college-boy wear IMO. Goes best with gel & blonde tips, choker necklesses, Sketcher sandals etc.

If that's your thing though...

-Dub

the brand has alot more history behind it. Has very high qaulity cargo pants and shorts. Also, likening avercrombie to walmart is completely idiotic. They sell clothes.They do not sell anything else, so what are they trying to monopolize? the clothing market? they dont put family owned cargo-short stores out of business. If it's not your style, then it's not your style, but the critiques are pretty off....as far as picking it up in london, I would get on ebay,you can all the stuff for pretty cheap and i dont think there are abercrombie fakes at all.

You're not very bright!

It's analogous... Meaning Abercrombie (Gap, Banana Republic, J Crew, blah blah blah) is to clothing what WalMart (Target, Sams, Costco, blah blah blah) is to bullshit. Meaning, they're both bullshit.

I grew up in Washington D.C. where Abercrombie & Fitch's flagship store existed in Georgetown Park for years before the store was bought, bastardized & pimped out to all of the good ol USA's shopping malls (even before your boys first Stone Roses record was even his wet dream) so I remember VERY WELL what the history WAS. Completely different ownership now dude, they did keeep the name though & now the companies HQ is in Columbus, Ohio.

Abercrombie was extremely high end gentlemens wear.

I know a great number of people who've come out of the Abercrombie camp...

It's garbage & after the LCD market, plain & simple!

-Dub

ill be honest, their button down shirts fit me like a glove...the new ones over the last 2 years or so. theyre cheap (on ebay) and i dont mind them at all.

i dont like the reputation as being fratty but i only get stuff with the little moose icon thing...never a logo...wouldnt be caught dead in it frankly.

their jeans and pants are a bit too baggy for my tastes and their jackets run too big for me as well but the simple polos and the button downs are fine by me.

i like steven alan shirts a lot and the truth is, the abercrombie shirts are of higher quality, for 1/4 the price and they fit just as well.

obviously they not owned by the original owners, my grandfather had all kinds of old crap from the a&f sporting goods store in new york city from the early 20th century. as far as them being like walmart...the analogy still doesnt work....pretty much every label in the fashion market is looking to make a profit. that includes most designers....and not everyone can wear small streetwear labels.

Exactly...

& they all shop at WalMart for everything else & voted for Bush!

If that's your thing, I'm sure you kind find a shirt that fits great there...

I'm 6'1" 185 so everything in that sorry ass place would fit me who cares?

I'm over it though... Go Abercrombie!

-Dub