The Weirdest/Scariest Experience Thread

Crillz

about 7-8 years ago I fell asleep in my bedroom in the middle of the summer. It must've been mid july or near august and I never had air conditioning in my room so I didn't even have sheets on to keep me warm. Summers on Long Island can be pretty damp and brutal. Anyways, I wake up in the middle of the night shivering, completely freezing, and I open my eyes. It was really strange, I didn;t move one bit, just opened my eyes. I was also sleeping on my back which was very strange. So I look up and floating right above me is the ghost/shape of an elderly man. He was all decrepit and dead and he just stared me right in the eye. For some reason I just stared right back at him and closed my eyes. Sitting still in the freezing cold with my eyes closed for 2 or 3 hours till sunlight was probably one of the worst experiences ever.

then a year or so later I was in my basement sleeping and woke up suddenly to the same chills, and right in front of me is a ghost of a small boy and he kinda keeps looking at me and then looking away as if he were communicating with other people in the room. I had a blanket then so I kind of tested the waters and stared at him as long as I could, then closed my eyes and went to sleep. It was wierd But very vivid and as real as anything I could imagine.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^^^^ its called sleep paralysis. you think you're seeing things but your mind is half awake and your body is still asleep so you're literally seeing a dream while your eyes are open. you think you're completely conscious but not at the same time. i've had the same thing happen except it was a woman standing over me staring at me.

i get sleep paralysis all the time...it SUCKS. however i dont get the ghost or spirit chillin on my chest. for me its just this really suffocating heavy feeling where i feel like I just need to move a SINGLE inch to make myself breathe better but it just wont happen, and as much as i want to kick around and scream and yell nothing happens.

sucks.

i fucking hate sleep paralysis. its been happening to me a lot recently. usually if i wiggle my fingers i can snap out of it. every time it happens i know that i'll be fine but it still feels like i'm going to die. also sometimes there's this weird buzzing noise and it always feels like someone is watching me, it's creepy.

Sleep paralysis is scary shit. I've fortunately hadn't seen anyone standing over me (knock on wood) but it is the scariest feeling ever. Sometimes when I try to wake myself up from a disturbing dream, I wake up but I can't move at all. I can't even control my own breathing...

On a related note, it was called being "hag-ridden" by the old english, "ghost bed press" in Chinese, and "the dead climbing on top" in Spanish.

Sleep paralysis is scary shit. I've fortunately hadn't seen anyone standing over me (knock on wood) but it is the scariest feeling ever. Sometimes when I try to wake myself up from a disturbing dream, I wake up but I can't move at all. I can't even control my own breathing...

On a related note, it was called being "hag-ridden" by the old english, "ghost bed press" in Chinese, and "the dead climbing on top" in Spanish.

This "WILD" thing that there's a link to on there is interesting, entering Lucid Dreaming from a wakened state to be aware of the dream.

• 1 year later...

bump.

nothing to add, but this thread was a good read so hopefully someone else can add something, its too hot to do anything and im bored as hell

the other day i saw a gothninja type kid skating the banks so i asked him if i could take some shots of him with my xti so he said sure, so im taking the pics and everything is going good, we're talking a little bit and we find out that we have some friends in common. after about a half an hour he says he'll be right back because he wants to get something so i wait and he never comes back. i thought that was kind of dick but whatever, so i just went on with my day

later in the week i hit up the mutual friend on facebook and mention that shit, and he sends me a private message back saying that the gothninja kid DIED SEVEN YEARS AGO. i havent uploaded the pics off my cam yet so i do, and THERE IS NOONE IN THE SHOTS :eek:

dolly and I rescued an incredibly drunk man from his car on halloween night 2 years ago. (literally rescued, we had to drag his ass out of his car that was filling up with fumes and smoke from the tires spinning so fast)

Then I had to distract him while Dolly got someone to call the cops and we had to give statements at the station in our costumes (she wore my coat because she was a pinup girl, hahahhaha)

the other day i saw a gothninja type kid skating the banks so i asked him if i could take some shots of him with my xti so he said sure, so im taking the pics and everything is going good, we're talking a little bit and we find out that we have some friends in common. after about a half an hour he says he'll be right back because he wants to get something so i wait and he never comes back. i thought that was kind of dick but whatever, so i just went on with my day

later in the week i hit up the mutual friend on facebook and mention that shit, and he sends me a private message back saying that the gothninja kid DIED SEVEN YEARS AGO. i havent uploaded the pics off my cam yet so i do, and THERE IS NOONE IN THE SHOTS :eek:

fuck offffff

also, i miss when sleep paralysis was a scary thing and i didn't know what the fuck. It's not as fun when I how to induce or stop it myself.

I've come close to drowning just about every time I stepped in a moving natural body of water. Doesn't me though.

Also, one day someone pointed out the rats in the NYC subway to me. Right after this, I started looking for them, and one of them caught my eye. I followed it with my eyes, and then i just lost interest and pulled back. A train passes by right in front of me.

A feeling of death settles upon me a minute later as i sit in the train.

I have lots.

Once driving back from dinner at union city to sf (waited three hours to get seated cos they didn't take reservation and it was a huge party) my friend missed the exit but decided to swing into it anyways. The supra skid into circles and by the time we stopped we were sort of facing our friends that was following behind us.

I mean I could see them and the expressions on their faces but it wasn't until later at the bar did one of them tell me that we were really close to hitting a highway sign pole.

That's one of the scariest.

One of the weirdest and perv to was when I got off of night class and rode the 43 through haight to transfer to 38 to meet with some friends that were in a karaoke room. This dude in an all leather get up sat next to me on an EMPTY bus. Whatever right? Then I started feeling this light tingling feeling on my thigh. I stare down and that perv was lightly caressing my thigh with this retarded grin. I ran off the bus.

Once I was babysitting these two kids at their house (four and seven years old), and about an hour after I put them to sleep, and I started to hear some voices upstairs. I went to the stairs and said, 'You two better go to sleep!' and the voices quieted down. I watched tv for a little while and then flipped it off, and started reading some magazine that had been left on the coffee table. Then I heard someone talking again, and for a second I thought the tv had gone back on. It was like, two men talking really quietly, but in a different language. And I thought maybe someone was outside the house, but it sounded like it was coming from upstairs. I went up to see if there was a tv on, or anything, and the minute I got up the voices had stopped again. There were no tvs in the kid's room, so I went back down. About twenty minutes later the older child came down the stairs and sort of stood there awkwardly for a moment and said, 'There's a man in my bedroom...'

I went upstairs and turned on all the lights and checked everywhere but we couldn't find anybody. I ended up taking both the kids and letting them fall asleep on the couch....

agh..

But nothing else happened after that! I told the parents the kids had fallen asleep on the couch while watching their movie, and nothing was explained to me!

I don't think they would be the type to talk about haunted houses though -- the dad had driven me home once and started ranting about how he would never lie to his kids about 'that crazy Santa'.

my aunt's dogs had puppies and they gave one to my family and another.

This other family likes to blame me for everything, because they're assholes.

Soooo.... i'm in my room upstairs and the two puppies are playing, then they kinda start fighting. It's hilarious and cute so I let them at it, and they get close to the stairs and my puppy throws the other down the stairs simba vs. scar style.

Fucker crumbles down the stairs and the little thing lands with a bang at the end on hard wood floor. It's not moving. Oh shit. Tita's going to kill me.

Then the dog kinda twitches and springs back to life. Fuck.

After watching a fuckton of Asian Horror shit I put that one television scene (spinning chairs, mirror woman, random creepy shit) of RINGU on loop with the DVD. Then I turned off the Television but left the DVD on to run the loop in order to trick the next person who turned on the T.V. in the morning.

I woke up discombobulated and groggy to some screaming that freaked me out. It was my sister with a remote controll in her hand. I totally forgot what I did the night before so when I turned to look at why my sister was screaming and saw the Ring shit on the T.V. I freaked out for a few seconds too.

I've got a few:

For whatever reason when I was younger, I was sometimes allowed to "camp out" in the living room some nights. For a country-raised 9 year old, getting to stay up and watch TV for as long as I wanted with some snacks and a sleeping bag was cool. Anyways, got tired, turned off the TV, went to sleep. At some random point in the night, the stereo came on, full-volume, and was playing different tracks from a CD (wish I could remember which it was). There wasn't a CD in there though. Scared the shit out of me.

We moved to Hamilton a few years ago and some other strange shit happened. My mom had hung a framed painting in a little alcove near our stairs, and infront of that was a bird cage. This frame needed to be lifted off the nail to be moved. It's 3am, we're all asleep upstairs when we hear a huge bang. Head downstairs and see that it's on the ground.

Lastly, on two seperate occasions; I had a TV up in my room for the last little bit of time I lived with my mom. Playing some late night GTA, I paused it for whatever reason. The screen shifted just a little bit (like a PC monitor does) and I heard voices, muffled and staticky. A few nights later, this time with GT4, the same thing. I like to think it was just the TV catching odd radio transmissions, since it sounded like pretty normal conversation, from what I could make out.

Hocus i think you ment to neg me lol. you gave me green. ill make a real contribution since yours and timbers stories scared the shit out of me

in my dorm earlier this year i was sitting in the room by myself and heard what i thought were people talking in spanish but i couldnt figure out where it was coming from since we are on the sixth floor way above hearing street level conversations. it was coming from the speakers, so i assumed they were just picking up radio waves or whatever, but then i went to turn it off and the entire system was unplugged. so i was just sitting there staring at the power cable on the floor as i heard these voices and they all cut out