Samurai For The Bigger Guy

Samm

I am looking to buy a pair of Samurai's in the next few days I am a bigger guy 36 or 38 waist what do you think will be the best cut for my size, I have muscular thighs and don't like them really tight and tapered.

I was just going to get them from www.blueingreensoho.com. I like the Samurai S0110XJ they look very nice and I really like the pockets, sorry.

Can you guys give me some advise: besides "lose weight"

Thanks So Much,

~Sam

I just ordered the S5000BK. Wish me luck.

I'm also a 36.

To give you an idea of what fits me.. I currently have (all in a 36):

45RPM Nando x Nando

5EP LDB

RRDS

Baggy Bjorns

Sugar Cane Hawaiis

I had the RB6 and they worked as well. I don't know what your frame of reference is, and I can follow up to tell you if the S5000 works for bigger guys.

I have the s5000bk in 36 and it measures about 13 at the crotch seam. I have the s0510xx in 35 and it measure about 12.5 at the crotch seam. s5000bk is lower rise than s0510xx (about an inch). Both taper about 1/2 inch from knee to hem. My waist is between 35 - 36 and thigh about 24 inches. I'm not familiar with the fit of the s0110xj, but the measurements make it appear to be about the same size as the s5000vx. I think any of these would work for you. I recommend you contact blue in green via email or call to get their size opinion. Also the raw jeans will be about 1 or 2 inches bigger than the tagged size to allow for shrinkage. Most people post that they will stretch about one size.

The SO11OJX are a Lee repro. They will have the Samurai take on Lee's lazy 's'. I don't think Lee care about reproductions (nor is it trademarked I think).

If you buy the S0500XX they will likely have no arcuate as you're buying them in the US where the writ of Levi's lawsuit runs. Buy direct from Samurai if you must have the repro bits and pieces. Toshiko is lovely.

The 110JX are quite a bit higher in the rise than other models of Samurai. Try before you buy if you can.

Try the S5000VX as well if you can. Good for well-built chaps.

It's a toss-up between S0110JX or 50500XX, i called blue in green and the lady that answered did not really speak English.

I'd try an email to BIG. I'm pretty sure it's on the website somewhere. The advantage of ordering from BIG is that you can exchange them if you really do not like the jean cut or the fit. I've ordered from both BIG and Toshiko and both are great to deal with, but I'm not sure if you can exchange jeans with Toshiko.

Guest jeffvyain
There is no place to try anything on, ill have to buy sign unseen.

I am leaning toward the S0110XJ

if you're going with the lee repro, i recommend you buy from BIG or self edge. at least then you can return them if they don't fit. If you're buying the 510s or 5000s I'd talk to toshiko if you want the arcuate and tabs and then take the risk. you can always resell them on supermarket if they don't fit, and you'll probably get all or near every penny you spent.

I called BiG about them as well, and to tell the truth, I am always a bit peeved when I have to speak to that woman. I think that she is Gordon's wife, but it's very annoying when your calling about possibly getting a pair of Samurais and you can't get a straight answer on whether or not they have the stitching. From what I can gather, they do, in fact, still have the stitching intact.

Samm just to add to the discussion, reading that you have muscular thighs and don't like them tight or tapered I would personally suggest you go with the Samurai S510XX cut. Oh, and you could do worse than to check out the 500xx or 110XJ thread that TIP just bumped - lots of info there including very useful controbutions from ringring (aka yoda ;))

The pairs I have are pretty much the same size. They slightly taper, but the leg/hem is wider than a lot of straight leg jeans. I think the angle of the camera and the jeans do not appear to be lying flat so it's making it appear to be wider than it actually is.