Cell phone fades

qwertyuiop5

What do you think of front pocket cell phone fades?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of front pocket cell phone fades?

• Good
    • Bad

Nudie6.jpg

shitty picture but i ended up putting my nudies away for good after the first wash cuz the cell phone fade was insanely ugly with a small tear...also i noticed i get a horizontal line faded from the bottom fold of my boxer briefs (you can kinda see in this pic)...anybody else have this problem?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^Don't have that problem but if your jeans are slim enough and you wear the same brand of boxer briefs every day, I can seee how it can happen.

And I'm not a fan of cell phone fades. I try to rotate mine between the left and right pockets and take it out if I'm sitting down for a while.

i've posted this before and the pic is from few months ago, but i personally hate the way my pocket fades with my cell phone in their naked. that's why i decided to get a leather case for it. this way, i also get to enjoy the aging of the leather as well as getting what i think is a better looking fade in my back pocket.

obviously, it's a bit more of a hassle to get to my phone everytime someone calls me, but this is for the love my denim. :D

muji_inside_1-17-07.jpg

hahaha thats a good idea..i have the same phone too, except im close to throwing it off a bridge..must be odd though watching someone take a case out of their pocket and then pulling their phone out

^ i'm ready to chuck the phone away too. i just have to find a replacement before i do that. but i'm pretty sure i'll keep the case. it was a little odd in the beginning but i got used to it. but people looking at me must think i'm overprotective about my phone.

shitty picture but i ended up putting my nudies away for good after the first wash cuz the cell phone fade was insanely ugly with a small tear...also i noticed i get a horizontal line faded from the bottom fold of my boxer briefs (you can kinda see in this pic)...anybody else have this problem?

easy solution - switch to boxers.

I don't really see how a cell phone fade is any less authentic or interesting than a wallet fade... they are just things that you keep in your pockets. I keep my cell in a front pocket because it is convenient. I don't mind the fade.

I don't grasp the concept of wanting to have the same whiskering as someone else, or some perceived holy grail jeans. Seems to go directly against the idea of individuality in wearing in your own denim.

Cell phones may be a fleeting part of the technology used by our society, Maybe there will be some new form of communication soon (such as the ansible like in the novel "The Left Hand of Darkness" ) I for one think that cell phone fades could be an interesting earmark of late 20th and early 21st century denim...

Good point...

Be real. I keep my phone in the front left pocket. Unless my denim is so tight I can't get my phone in there, that is where it will be. Keys on the other side. F-ed up fades and all. If you want that whole perfectly wiskereeddd whatever, go to abercrombie and fitch.

P.S. and wtf kind of denim are you guys wearing that rips because of your cellphone? Get some more oz on your legs!

Be real. I keep my phone in the front left pocket. Unless my denim is so tight I can't get my phone in there, that is where it will be. Keys on the other side. F-ed up fades and all. If you want that whole perfectly wiskereeddd whatever, go to abercrombie and fitch.

P.S. and wtf kind of denim are you guys wearing that rips because of your cellphone? Get some more oz on your legs!

ignorant dumbass.......

Well, authentic or natural doesn't mean its going to end up looking nice. I'd assume the majority of the forum is more interested in having a nice pair of clothing than having their jeans tell the story of their lives.

That said, I think cell phone fades are ugly, and I also think its ugly when people buy their shit too tight and their whiskers are perfectly horizontal.

i think the problem with front pocket fades isnt that theyre naturally ugly but that keeping the same item in the same position in the same pocket everyday for 6 months is in fact, unnatural.

ive only been into denim for the past 8 months or so and i can still remember how i used jeans before i even knew what dry denim was. i used my front pockets for both my wallet and my phone, but also anything else i needed that day.

i figure that if you regularly used your front pockets to hold your stuff and moved it all around on a daily basis then instead of getting outlines of your phone youd just end up fading your whole front lap area quicker, which might actually look pretty decent.

i think the problem with front pocket fades isnt that theyre naturally ugly but that keeping the same item in the same position in the same pocket everyday for 6 months is in fact, unnatural.

ive only been into denim for the past 8 months or so and i can still remember how i used jeans before i even knew what dry denim was. i used my front pockets for both my wallet and my phone, but also anything else i needed that day.

i figure that if you regularly used your front pockets to hold your stuff and moved it all around on a daily basis then instead of getting outlines of your phone youd just end up fading your whole front lap area quicker, which might actually look pretty decent.

Gonna have to straight up disagree with you right there. I carry a cell phone, space pen, eye glass cloth, and chapstick in my pocket and there is an optimal spot where they always end up no matter how much I shift them around. I think others can attest to this.

depends on the jeans... i sewed a cellphone pocket off to the right side of my front right pocket on my nudies and I think the cellphone fade looked alright there. On my samurais i think it looks horrible, so I switch my cellphone to my back left pocket.

Well after reading this thread and finding humor within the subject at hand, i ran out and got the holster clip for my LG envy which is obnoxiously large. Because i normally just throw my phone in my hoodie pocket, but summer is coming and i see no alternative bc i dont like the way it fits in my 811's.

my cell fits in my coinpocket?

looks like a zippo fade.

so i guess it works out.

same here, well my old phone did

IMG_3724.jpg

Now i have an 8125, and there is no way that thing will fit in my front pocket.. and if i do get it in there... everytime i get a text or call, i have to fish it out with two fingers.

I keep my wallet in my back right pocket, house keys in my back left pocket, spare change gets tossed into a back pocket, paper money goes up front...

Gonna have to straight up disagree with you right there. I carry a cell phone, space pen, eye glass cloth, and chapstick in my pocket and there is an optimal spot where they always end up no matter how much I shift them around. I think others can attest to this.

I second that...

I used to keep my phone in my front pocket, but didn't like how it would jam up against my leg whenever I sat down. A (lighter) friend suggested that I keep my phone in my backpocket. That was alright while I was standing up. When I sat down, 220 lbs of pressure from my fat ass pretty much crushed my phone. (I weigh a lot less now, btw. :rolleyes: ) Now I keep my phone on a belt clip, even when I'm riding my motorcycle. Got a little bit of fade happening where I keep my keys in my left-hand front pocket.