Sugar Cane Jeans On Amazon.Com

Samm

Why get it on Amazon? When you can get it from Japan for much less. It's not that complicated. Anyone with average intellect can figure out a way through the Japanese lingo. People on this Board have figured out away to get them.

PS - You can get the acurate stitch -- the plain pocket SUCKS!!!

No, I believe SugarCane removed the arc's on all their models now. But some still have the red tab, and if you're lucky, the arc's as well. Sometimes buying from Rakuten can be complicated, as some don't speak english, etc etc... look in the denim encyclopedia, for the list of shops and etc...

Buy them from SelfEdge?

No, I believe SugarCane removed the arc's on all their models now. But some still have the red tab, and if you're lucky, the arc's as well. Sometimes buying from Rakuten can be complicated, as some don't speak english, etc etc... look in the denim encyclopedia, for the list of shops and etc...

Buy them from SelfEdge?

If what you say is true, that all the acurates have been removed (which I think is not so, considering I've seen quite a few in recent days) -- I'll opt for FOB's , Sammy's, Full Count, SDA's , etc. I'm not too crazy about the plain back pocket. Matter of personal taste.

PS-- Good plug for SelfEdge.

Why get it on Amazon? When you can get it from Japan for much less. It's not that complicated. Anyone with average intellect can figure out away through the Japanese lingo. People on this Board have figured out away to get them.

PS - You can get the acurate stitch -- the plain pocket SUCKS!!!

I found it to be very hard amd could not figure out how to translate the site.

You have to keep in mind, some Rakuten shops don't ship overseas. So you can't just send in an order and think you have it done, cause I have done that before, and you'll have to deal with them through e-mail or sometimes you'll just be left hanging.

Maybe the arc's might still be there in Japan only, but Levi's did go after SugarCane quite a while ago, and they removed the arc's on the SugarCane 1947's.

I ordered a pair of SugarCane 1947A's from Japan and it didn't have arcs. But really, arc's shouldn't be stopping you from buying quality denim.

You have to keep in mind, some Rakuten shops don't ship overseas. So you can't just send in an order and think you have it done, cause I have done that before, and you'll have to deal with them through e-mail or sometimes you'll just be left hanging.

Maybe the arc's might still be there in Japan only, but Levi's did go after SugarCane quite a while ago, and they removed the arc's on the SugarCane 1947's.

I ordered a pair of SugarCane 1947A's from Japan and it didn't have arcs. But really, arc's shouldn't be stopping you from buying quality denim.

Like I said, It's a matter of personal taste. In terms of quality denim, Sugarcane is not the only quality denim out there. I'm working on an extensive article that will blow the lid off the whole denim craze. It will make consumers more aware and educated. Let's just say, you guys will get your monies worth.

The best place to get SC on Rakuten is Hinoya online shop. SC does not put accruates anymore on their replicas (47, 55, 66) but the red tab is still intact. Hinoya ships overseas without any questions asked, any emails from them can be translated by Google Translate. All you need to do is to set up a Rakuten account (see Ordering Jeans from Japan thread). They will cost around $130 (47 model or 45 lee replica) shipped to the US. Don't forget they are considered a cheapo replica in Japan. Paying for them $300? Spare me.

Mmm, when you say you saw some of the jeans having the arc's still. When I purchased these SugarCane 1947A's, the website showed pictures of the arc still in place. When I received them, the arc's were there at all... yea...... lol I was quite let down.

You could be right. BTW -- How much of a difference is the accurate between SDA, Sammy, Iron Heart, Fullcount, FreeBee, et al -- It might be a good idea to email the store to make sure that what they have on the site is what you are getting. Sometimes, I've had to call them, they usually have someone in the store that speaks english (remember they have to cater to english speaking tourists) -- that helps.

From my expierence, EarthMarket is a good shop to buy from that ships overseas. Hinoya always e-mails me about my orders and stuff. They tell me, they don't usually ship overseas and all these weird excuses.

I believe if you order straight from Samurai website, they ship with arc's/tab still intact. Iron Heart, I think took out the arc's, but maybe only for export models. SDA, maybe as well took off the arc's, but I don't think the did. But, yea you can just e-mail them.

When you say "accurate" you mean arcuate? Not much difference at all.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=11671

is sugarcane 47 a repro of levis 501 1947? If so, which one is better if both are avaible?

thanks

If you don't mind labels, the FOB 151 is pretty much the same as the Levis 1947 -- check it out on this board. Just do a search for FOB 151 --- the back pocket is so close. Not much of a difference.

Buy them from SelfEdge?

i have a brand new pair of 40400 from japan that have green tab and arcuate intact

...I'm working on an extensive article that will blow the lid off the whole denim craze. It will make consumers more aware and educated. Let's just say, you guys will get your monies worth.

Any hints as to when & where you'll post this? I'll certainly look forward to reading it.

Best regards!