Be careful out there

airfrogusmc

http://cgi.ebay.com/REPRO-LEVIS-VINTAGE-BUCKLE-BACK-BIG-E-SELVEDGE-JEANS_W0QQitemZ160098070235QQcategoryZ52392QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thai fakes. Man the poor guy pay'n $100 for jeans worth a fraction of that. This is why its just wrong to advertise these as Levis

Wish some people would read SF before buying Levis on ebay, but then again some people don't mind those fakes.

Yeah but not for $100 and they could go higher. The problem I have is how they're listed.

I agree with you. I personally would no buy any fake items. The problem with people buying fake items is they wanna fit in so bad, that they don't mind wearing fake crap. They are only fooling themselves.

What is up with those blue spots in the auction I posted airfog ? it says they are knubs or whatever all over the denim and I see that they look to be indigo absorbed spots like in the close-ups .

Levi's used cotton like that before that you know of ?

sidenote - that 66 arcuate looks cool all uneven and stuff

late 70s... i have some real 66s and the details are not the same.(tho i could be wrong... mine are 501) i think they should be 2 tone stitching, and the fact that they dont show the selvage or the single stitched back pocket make me think they are not as old as they say.

those actually look like some that i had a while back... decent, but not what they are advertising them as.

What is up with those blue spots in the auction I posted airfog ? it says they are knubs or whatever all over the denim and I see that they look to be indigo absorbed spots like in the close-ups .

Levi's used cotton like that before that you know of ?

sidenote - that 66 arcuate looks cool all uneven and stuff

Wouldn't begin to make a 100% judgement from a photo but I've never seen fakes this large before or like these. Not to say they're not fakes but I would lean more towards them being OK.

I agree with you. I personally would no buy any fake items. The problem with people buying fake items is they wanna fit in so bad, that they don't mind wearing fake crap. They are only fooling themselves.

i should buy some fake levis at mongkok and take advantage of these folks...

I've emailed the dodgy seller and had no response.

I'm just constructing a website, mainly to publicise my Iggy book, and I shall spend an extra hour tomorrow morning, devoted to spotting fakes, and this dude will get pride of place. In the past I used to think maybe sellers had been misled themselves, now I've realised they're just crooks.

I've emailed the dodgy seller and had no response.

I'm just constructing a website, mainly to publicise my Iggy book, and I shall spend an extra hour tomorrow morning, devoted to spotting fakes, and this dude will get pride of place. In the past I used to think maybe sellers had been misled themselves, now I've realised they're just crooks.

Paul when does the book come out? Put me in for one.

Hot to spot a fake - this is something they do in Rolex and Panerai circles as well. It's a valuable service. But sometimes I wonder if in the longer term it also serves to educate the fakers to make better fakes....

It IS a problem, I know. That's why Levi's are very cagey about giving out info on stamps and other stuff. I hate fakes, but I guess I'd be happier seeing people buy decent fakes than crappy ones!

Iggy is out in UK now, pub date in US is 10 April but Amazon might have it sooner. my website will have lots of info, will post here when I manage to hoist everything into place.

I did 250 interviews for the book and now ALL of them are asking me for a copy! I think I get 10. So I probably couldn't even swap for your first-born, sorry!

It IS a problem, I know. That's why Levi's are very cagey about giving out info on stamps and other stuff. I hate fakes, but I guess I'd be happier seeing people buy decent fakes than crappy ones!

that's an interesting line of thought...

Paul, when you get that website devoted to spotting fakes on vintage going, you should open a related thread here---get everyone to drop info, i'm sure CMF, airfrogusmc, etc would have stuff to contribute. :)

good luck with the Iggy book!

Iggy is out in UK now, pub date in US is 10 April but Amazon might have it sooner. my website will have lots of info, will post here when I manage to hoist everything into place.

I did 250 interviews for the book and now ALL of them are asking me for a copy! I think I get 10. So I probably couldn't even swap for your first-born, sorry!

HUH? No free signed copies? Whats this forum coming to?

Seriously Good luck Paul. I for one will buy the book. Iggy is one of my favorites and what good timing with the Stooges out on tour this Spring.

Funny, I saw a pair of the exact jeans at Wasteland in LA today. 201's, same size and everything, with all the same details wrong. I actually stopped an older Japanese man who was looking at them and told him they were fakes. Wasteland was selling them for $75