Be careful out there

airfrogusmc

Funny, I saw a pair of the exact jeans at Wasteland in LA today. 201's, same size and everything, with all the same details wrong. I actually stopped an older Japanese man who was looking at them and told him they were fakes. Wasteland was selling them for $75

good looking out bill

• 2 months later...

jesus, the guy has people queing up with questions too!

doesnt the exposed selvedge coin pocket give it away? or what about that leather tag? that thing looks rough...

why do they do the coin pocket like that?

The fakes seem to have so many things wrong with them that give them away..

The arcuates are off, the cinchback is positioned wrong and also too small, the buckle looks weird, the selvage color is wrong. Wasnt the red tab not even around at this point? The buttons look really weird and the back pocket stitching shouldnt be wider at the top like that. Didnt that stitching start when they began using hidden rivets?

I mean, I give them credit for trying but it wouldnt take a whole lot of effort for them to at least get the styling details right. I guess its good that we dont have a bunch of "authentic looking" levis fakes going around though. (But I bet one of you guys could do much better repros then even Levis is doing themselves)

As little as 200 baht for a basic Levis-esque selvage fake (selvage, but cheap dye and hardware), and as much as 2000 for the nicest ones I've seen (Fake Denime, and a fictitious American brand called Return).

I got myself a pair of those EXIT jeans for 199 bhat. I think theyre incredibly nice for the price I paid

Yeah, I really have no problems with the Thai jeans that don't actually say 'Levis' on them, even though they almost always have red tabs + arcuates. And like you say, for the price they're pretty damn nice. Although my first week here realizing about 25% of the guys walking past me were wearing selvage jeans was a little shocking.

• 1 month later...