Messenger bag or Backpack?

I rotate between a FreitagxOki-ni messenger and a Savier backpack, wearing the latter much less than the former. I wish Savier were still in business though, I loved their backpacks, the one I have at the moment was quite hard to come by after my first bag died.

Savier = Nike SB ?

Savier = Nike SB ?

No. Nike financed Savier and Savier shoes were made in Nike factories, but they did their own thing until nike pulled the plug.

• 2 weeks later...
For messanger bags look into Canadian companies RE Load, and Under the Weather.

Sorry, dude... But RELoad Bags is a Philadelphia company...

They're great bags though - not a lot of little pockets and no zippers, cuz in their opinion, zippers can fail at inopportune (sp?) moments. I have a bag they custom made for me 8 years ago and it's still as bombproof as ever.

Well Phili and Seattle... Anyways, if you're not going to be riding a bike, I'd stay away from a messenger bag. I find mine find of annoying when I'm not riding, and it makes wearing any sort of jacket a big hassle. But, if you are going to be riding, than there's no other choice. The whole point of a messenger bag is to carry a lot of goods as close to your body as possible so when you ride you don't have this big heavy protrusion hanging off your back and completely shifting your weight off.

north face HotShot backpack (dark yellow) from '01; lately I use a black messenger very similar to that Tumi bag posted above that I bought from Target for $12 (originally $50)