Atelier LaDurance

john11f

You may find most of the info you're looking for at http://www.atelierladurance.com

Made in France using Japanese denim (not selvedge denim from the pieces I've seen). Very well made. Nice details, especially the little repair kit you get with each garment.

In HK try 1001 Original Inc in Austin Avenue or the HK branch in Central.

I think there may be some members on here that know the ALD people.

yeah... their stuff looks really cool. i'd like to see some of it up close. it's not selvage? surprising.

i just went to the 1001 shop in central - they don't carry it there. only evisu, red monkey, paper...

No Shirt. No Shoes. No Dice.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

I've checked Volls and from what I gather in their website, Atelier LaDurance is a bit baggy. I guess it's not for me. I'm just a straight cut/ relaxed fit kinda guy.

Any recommendations among these brands: APC, Rock & Republic, Rogan, Paper Denim, Corpus Denim, Evisu, Rag & Bone.

Any other online retailer selling these brands?

are you in HKG? anyways, most of those brands can be found around town (haven't seen R&R or Corpus tho)...

theres a huge thread on apc - so check there for anything you need to know about them. then go to the APC shop (TST or causeway bay) and try on a pair!

No Shirt. No Shoes. No Dice.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Quote:

I've looked at ALD in various countries, and so far, it's all been non selvedge denim. Maybe they make selvedge too, but I've not seen any yet.

Try the Austin Ave 1001 icon_smile.gif. Sorry about the misinformation.

--- Original message by ringring on May 19, 2005 12:19 AM

-Actually, from the volls site they all look to have selvage. Perhaps it's now become standard?

Edited by 35mm on May 19, 2005 at 07:03 AM

Quote:

35mm, how can you be sure from the pics at volls that they are selvage? they can be either be an open selvage seam without ecru or a closed seam with overlocked stitch, as far as i can see from the website, the picture of the outseam is not very clear

--- Original message by hahnstch on May 19, 2005 07:18 AM

You're right, it's not very clear from the pics (though it does sorta look like a finished non-ecru outseam, which I've seen on other selvage pieces); but where it prompts you to select the item they all read 140z, selvage.

Perhaps me and volls are both mistaken icon_smile.gif

non of the jeans on the atelier website have a selvage seam

and about the baggy fit... this season there was a new, slim model in the collection, but only a few, selected shops got to sell them. probably next season all other atelier sellers will be getting the slim model

Edited by benzak on May 19, 2005 at 07:45 AM

i only know a couple of retailers in holland... by the way, did you guys know atelier is owned by a dutchman, not a frenchman? the story about a rich frenchman who only wanted to make a great pair of jeans or something like that is just salestalk (is that the good word?)