clipse x commonwealth

xcoldricex

Guest Montreal
I love me some Clipse too but those tshirts are horrible.

They should have let Alife do their shits..

Anyways, the shirts are bunk, but the New Era's are kinda sick (moreso than the Capitol 153932843232 New Era)

Alife sucks bad enough wu tang is in the dumps they gotta get some wack ass shop making so called high end t shirts only dorks would pay for

but fuck it dorks probaly sell out wutang concerts and lift up meth when he crowds surfs

what was my point again?

that everybody's white and hip hop sucks?

they probably did the "collabo" with commonwealth because they're from the same "hood"

they probably did the "collabo" with commonwealth because they're from the same "hood"

Pharrell has some partnership with Commonwealth and is tight with the Clipse so I guess it was only natural that CW dropped their shit.

Since Pharrell is closely associated with both Commonwealth and the Clipse, it seems practical that Commonwealth would collaborate with the Clipse with their tees and fitteds.

Guest StuckOnStupid
The only white hip-hop listener who DOES NOT like the Clipse, here and reporting for duty.

i like clipse, but this is LOL & Order: SVU.

Guest StuckOnStupid
I'm in a "hip hop and black culture" class and we listened to Hell hath no fury in class, everyone pretty much ripped it to shreds. I think their flow and wordplay is ok, but their subject matter is shit. pyrex. keys. pyrex. keys. BBC. pyrex.

This thread could now become a choose your own adventure. You, the readers, get to decide what i mock. Choose wisely.

Which is a funnier topic for me to make fun of?

A)the fact that people pay a ridiculous amount of money to go school and listen to/dissect rap albums

B)the fucking lame-oes who would take this class

C)What the professor who actually teaches this course muct be like

D) the fact that "everyone ripped apart" what is clearly a genius album.

Never mind, that all just made me sad.

This thread could now become a choose your own adventure. You, the readers, get to decide what i mock. Choose wisely.

Which is a funnier topic for me to make fun of?

A)the fact that people pay a ridiculous amount of money to go school and listen to/dissect rap albums

B)the fucking lame-oes who would take this class

C)What the professor who actually teaches this course muct be like

D) the fact that "everyone ripped apart" what is clearly a genius album.

Never mind, that all just made me sad.

I am going to honestly respond to your post and hope that it may open your obviously closed mind. . .

A) Very, very little class time is spent actually listening to music, so far this semester we have listened/discussed 1. Clipse "Hell hath no fury" 2. Select songs by Coltrane, Louis Armstrong, Sam Cooke. It is not a music class, so there is not an emphasis on dissecting lyrics, etc. From the course description: "this course investigates the social, cultural, political, and historical contours of hip hop, as well as its impact on American popular culture . . . .utilizing hip hop as a lense through which to expolre the various dimensions, themes and nuances of African American music/history in general and the development and emergence of hip hop"

-there are over 300 courses across the US like this one

-Stanford University has a hip-hop archive

B)It is offered by the African American Studies dept., most of the 25 students in class are African American Studies majors/minors. There are about 6-7 non-black students in the class (including myself)

sorry for hijacking the thread, I will gladly take this over to superculture if anyone wants to discuss

Guest StuckOnStupid

okay. im wrong. college is NOT largely a self indulgent waste of time.

i want to find a way to work the word "Womyn" into this, but i cant.

Guest StuckOnStupid

B)It is offered by the African American Studies dept., most of the 25 students in class are African American Studies majors/minors. There are about 6-7 non-black students in the class (including myself)

what does that have to do with anything? i said "lame-os", not "bourgeois pale-skinneded wigger dilletantes". dont be so defensive guy. I dropped out in the 10th grade, so my opinion counts for...hmm...lets see...carry the six, divide by nine, and multiply by whatever the current minimum wage is. yeah, that much.

^Not a big fan of Trill. Chinese New Year I've had for a long time, i usually skip.

I like 'Hello New World'

I really like:

"Ocean in my backyard where its s'posta be

Funny how my neighbors don't think its where I'm s'posta be

They think I'm cuter in jail "

edit:question, had a couple people say different things

who do you think Pusha is talking about with

"im the best since he died and he lied"