daft punk

asuzano

it's all been said, but the haters are out they minds

i used to be a doubter

but the legend of the coachella show is not to be denied

plenty of people who know what's up will tell you dp are the best live act on the planet

beg, borrow or steal to go see them

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about going to see 'em w/ a friend when they go to Seattle. I think it's Seattle but it might be somewhere further down I just know it's in washington on the 29th of July. But either way it'll be a few hour drive. Just hope I get to see them. Gotta wait 'till next week when I get paid to drop the $40 on a ticket.

does anyone have an extra ticket to the berkeley show? i procrastinated when tickets didnt sell out right away, and the next thing i knew they were going for $110 on craigslist (weaakkk). im a nice guy; i'll even make you cookies or easy mac or somefing.

but yeah, it should be really cool. hope they play aerodynamic.

• 1 month later...

How has this thread not been bumped now that their concerts have been happening?

I just got back from the Seattle show and it was motherfucking amazing. They were ridiculously good live, yeah I know everything is pre-recorded but the synchronization between the music and the light show was spectacular. Fuckin' great show.

the new show is cool, the boys have earned cult status by now, but i can't help but miss the good old unmasked days when they used to play getto free rave parties using real analogue gear instead of the macbook (come to think of it, it is almost pre-recorded now versus back then!) check out this classic set from 96:

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=-4960742583030992853&q=daft+punk+live+1996&total=10&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

the show is not pre-recorded, they use the ableton live software to mix & re-mix loops of their tracks...

does Ableton allow them to mix a light show live as well?

Because this light show was so perfectly matched to the music that I don't see how else it could be done unless they were making the light show live as well as the music as well.

does Ableton allow them to mix a light show live as well?

Because this light show was so perfectly matched to the music that I don't see how else it could be done unless they were making the light show live as well as the music as well.

The set is basically the same every night, so the light show is all planned and set to the music but controlled by someone else.

But yeah, Seattle was rad. I had high hopes and I totally enjoyed that shit.

The set is basically the same every night, so the light show is all planned and set to the music but controlled by someone else.

But yeah, Seattle was rad. I had high hopes and I totally enjoyed that shit.

So... are they mixing the shit live but mixing it the same way every night? That would make more sense I suppose.

Any chance you were one of the bboys there? I heard one of them say they were from Vancouver, so.

It may seem impressive, but all it is is MIDI control surfaces linked to a Pro tools rig. So yea essentially the mix is playing and the knobs are assigned to different effects / sample parameters. It's also possible to control the lights this way, so Thomas could be on the music while Guy-Man plays the lights and vice-versa...

It's pretty foolproof as no direct computer interfacing or mouse clicking is recquired, thanks for posting that pic as i was really scratching my head as to how they could interact with the computer with those masks on !

hey who's going to go see them in NYC? did u get ur tickets in the mail yet, I'm still waiting on mine..... (about to call ticketmaster and see what the scoop is?)