Guilty pleasure

so what are some brands that you would hate to admit that you love...but you stand by? aka...whats your guilty pleasure?

- Bape, somteimes i cant help but liek what i see...but because of cost issues, id never buy them.

- banana republic, i find alot of surprisingly well fitting simple jackets form this store

- Gap, cheap tshirts, cheap coats, cheap everything

- Jedidiah, generally, this brand has a very emo/hipster conotation to it but i love some of their tshirt prints

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bathing Ape

Nike

Supreme tees even though they're big on me. Sometimes I feel like lounging instead of being in fitted clothes.

Hats in general. No one likes me in a hat. Not even my mom. Fuck the haters. <3

i guess i'm also guilty of liking bape sometimes.

other than that, once in a while, i'll reminisce on my skater day and want to get some skate/snowboard brand gear or wear my old gear. like once in a while, i'll wear those real baggy Special Blend fleece pants, sooooo comfortable. but that's about it i guess.

I own one almost blank lrg shirt that actually fits me really, really well.

I sized down quite a bit, and somehow it remains not wide but plenty long with sleeves that still don't look awkward. Too bad I don't ever think I could wear anything else by them.

I like a lot of stuff from Banana Rep, but typically can't justify it's price tag, or how it fits me. I'd go apeshit over their more conservative looking stuff, if only it was slimmer fitting. Their AmJack graphical print stuff is crap though.

I use to be into Club Monaco, and don't mind some of their looks. Some of it's too eurotrashy for my tastes, and I hate the black overkill they do. For greys and whites though, it's not bad. Quality is highly questionable, and only when it's marked down considerably do I think about buying stuff from there.

Old Navy for cheap t-shirts and clothes for the gym.

Jockey for grundies.

mine is the 6 for $20 t shirts at footlocker. i think some times the perfect compliment to a $200+ pair of jeans is a $3 shirt. also gummy bears but thats cause i am a fat guy.

Even the SAs dressed in all black. Funny since I get a European resort prep vibe from their clothes, rather than the infamous all-black "goth ninja" feel.

I've never seen the goth ninja-vibe either. Euro resort prep is a good description. I don't like that the salespeople dress always in black. Along with the trance/elevator muzak they play there, dim lighting, whites and blacks, it feels like a cult for some reason. Huge contrast to AA... another cult. For brightly coloured hipsters.

Club Monaco seems to be more overpriced each time I visit. 249$ for a CM sweater??

My guilty pleasure is Superstore clothing. $8 tees that wear much better than AA's overpriced shit.

I saw a great cardigan today. Two toned grey, thin knit, cotton/cashmere. $148. Too rich for me. I'll wait till they drop it down to $50 since summer's coming and nobody wants to buy cardigans now. Their dress pants and shirts fits like crap, and jackets/suits are a joke.

I've never seen the Joe Fresh stuff, but my gf bought me some pj pants from there.

the great thing about CM is their sales. alot of their button up shirts fit very well for me, very slim and not short, and oftentimes they'll have sales up to 70% price drop from 100 to 30. They also have some well fitting jackets that i love.

I'm pretty average build - 37 chest, 5'11, 155 lbs, and the CM "slim fit" button up shirts fit me like a box - too narrow in the shoulders, too short in the length and sleeves, too loose everywhere below my armpits. Maybe the US stuff is different? Also, sales are pretty rare up here.

Regarding the pants... funny how they only go as low as 28, then up to 30. They skip completely over 29 in everything! I'm a 31 waist, and I was able to squeeze into 28 wool pants, but they looked retarded and emphasized my thunder thighs.

I'm pretty average build - 37 chest, 5'11, 155 lbs, and the CM "slim fit" button up shirts fit me like a box - too narrow in the shoulders, too short in the length and sleeves, too loose everywhere below my armpits. Maybe the US stuff is different? Also, sales are pretty rare up here.

Hmm, im 38-39 chest, 5'10", 160 lbs and CM shirts are some of the only buttonups that i find that fit very slim. tapers in alot around the waist and its just abou the right length. the problem i've had is when i get size Small in buttonup shirts, it'll fit slim but end up being too short...or if the length is perfect, its too wide. CM shirts seem to fit me exactly the way i want them. and theres always a sales section at the CM here in seattle :D

Gap of course considering what i wear pretty much everyday

Bape i went through a period when i absolutely despised it mainly because of the flood of fakes i would see everyday in so cal but so much of their stuff is just so nice and simple, can't help but want it.

Im there with DUM, the majority of "streetwear" tshirt brands are shunned here for the most part, but t shirts are pretty much all I wear everyday and some designs some brands make are just mighty fine.

some of the stuff Urban Outfitters carries, come Sale time, there's always some decent stuff for low as shit prices.

I can't ever hate on nike though, despite the majority of crap they've been putting out recently, both SB and non.