Lit Journals

doctorgnar

My reading list is growing, but I really want to try and stay up on the lit scene. I've fallen off since college.

Yesterday I picked up Tin House and Opium. I used to really like Open City - but I couldn't find it. The best thing about McSweney's at this point is the design. I look at the Paris Review and a few others -

but I'm really looking to figure out which I should make a point to pick up, and which are worthless - mostly for short fiction/essay stuff.

My reading list is growing, but I really want to try and stay up on the lit scene. I've fallen off since college.

Yesterday I picked up Tin House and Opium. I used to really like Open City - but I couldn't find it. The best thing about McSweney's at this point is the design. I look at the Paris Review and a few others -

but I'm really looking to figure out which I should make a point to pick up, and which are worthless - mostly for short fiction/essay stuff.

i'd be interested in checking those out, where can you find theM?

and what about online poetry journals?

reading prose online is a bit much for me, but poetry i can handle.

prose is best read in the toilet, flipping real paper. :)

yeah thats a good point, i'd be interested in reading poetry blogs and such

I happened to swing by the famed City Lights bookstore today, and came across three lit journals. I only flipped through them, so I'm not sure how good they are, but figured it was worth sharing the names so you that are interested can check into them:

- Black Clock

- Zoetrope

- Kitchen Sink Magazine

I happened to pick up n+1, and as advertised, it really is self-consciously intellectual.

We'll see how it goes.

Guest youngteam
Come to NYC and go to St. Marks Bookshop on 9th street and 3rd ave. Definately one of the better spots for Lit Journals. They got shelves of 'em.

since this is a thread about literary journals i think it's safe to assume you're all pedantic assholes. i'm no exception, which is why i have no problem pointing out that no one who's halfway interested in poetry or prose should be spelling it "definate."

since this is a thread about literary journals i think it's safe to assume you're all pedantic assholes. i'm no exception, which is why i have no problem pointing out that no one who's halfway interested in poetry or prose should be spelling it "definate."

And people who have fuck all to contribute should keep their mouths shut. "No hate".