please ask me a denim question.

Guest i<3tg76

Guest i<3tg76

i dont want to get banned, but all of my post dont contribute anything. so ask me a denim question and ill be happy to answer.

Guest i<3tg76

they take much longer to fade. and as hjj would say: "nothing fades like indigo"

and getting black or indigo should not be a matter of fade. if you want black, get black.

for pictures, check encyclopedia.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck - if a woodchuck could .. chuck wood ...

IF he could chuck wood .. would he ? how much ?

how the fuck do you know

Guest i<3tg76
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck - if a woodchuck could .. chuck wood ...

IF he could chuck wood .. would he ? how much ?

how the fuck do you know

yes.................

Guest i<3tg76
Dayum you shole iz smaht boyeeee ...

fa shizzle

Oh part 1 of question after he chucked it all would he shit persimmon seeds ?

you spelt is wrong.

Can natural indigo dye as dark as synthetic? Does it need more dips? Do impurities prevent a deep hue?

I have asked different people this, and sometimes the answear leeds to acknowledging an "uneven playing field", I think ringring said some people believe one opinion some people another. I dont think he mentioned what he thought but just explained how different dye and methods give different results - "uneven playing field"....

can you expand on this topic? id be interested to hear.

Also, can you tell me about why some denims have a green tint and some a red tint? Is this due to how the indigo is made?

i'll jump on the first part of that. Look at the pbj-ai or KMW awa to see how dark natural indigo can get. My kicking mules are almost black. and after 20 wears they have shown absolutely no signs of color fading. I think what you are after is the difference between dyeing methods more than the difference between synthetic/natural indigo. As for the greenish/reddish tints.... i don't know. The best i have been able to come up with is the variations in other dyestuffs making up a natural indigo pot. Even "pure" natural indigo is supposedly 15-20% other vegtable matter. The traditional indigo pots used by the japanese are concocted w/ all sorts of other shit in them to keep the bacterial reduction process alive. One recipe i saw for that kind of dye pot included, yeast, madder ( a root used as a red dye), dates (for sugar to feed the yeast) and some other random shit.

i dont want to get banned' date=' but all of my post dont contribute anything. so ask me a denim question and ill be happy to answer.[/quote']

Give me a list of Japanese repros, sorted by the jean/year they are a repro of :P

i'll jump on the first part of that. Look at the pbj-ai or KMW awa to see how dark natural indigo can get. My kicking mules are almost black. and after 20 wears they have shown absolutely no signs of color fading. I think what you are after is the difference between dyeing methods more than the difference between synthetic/natural indigo. As for the greenish/reddish tints.... i don't know. The best i have been able to come up with is the variations in other dyestuffs making up a natural indigo pot. Even "pure" natural indigo is supposedly 15-20% other vegtable matter. The traditional indigo pots used by the japanese are concocted w/ all sorts of other shit in them to keep the bacterial reduction process alive. One recipe i saw for that kind of dye pot included, yeast, madder ( a root used as a red dye), dates (for sugar to feed the yeast) and some other random shit.

Thats what intrigues me, you see although the pbj naturals are dark from what ive seen ( please correct me if im wrong ) they are slightly lighter than the synthetic pbjs (??). And you dont know if they are dyed differently.... if the process of making the dye is different, of if the natural dye ends up being different to the perhaps purer synthetic, ontop of all of this they are dyed on different denims, within the same brand..... I suspect unless you can find a brand that uses the same method on the same denim even then the answear could be left down to differences in dye making process between natural and synthetic..... so its really hard to answear, but I thought if this guy was really into the industry and production he could perhaps shed a bit more light on it. Im just making assumptions from LA guy and ring ring posts!

Dasman, i think in mentioning that 20% other matter your onto something, perhaps because of the nature of natural indigo methods etc etc there will never be a fair comparison.... is the method of making/extracting the dye different for synthetic and natural and that the same method could not possibly be used for both?????

Id still like someone to explain the different tints to denim.