Dry Black Denim

Spike

Do any companies produce raw, black, selvage jeans? I know that Nudie do their Overdyed Black, Loomstate do some jeans that look like raw black but aren't, and Lee's and Levi's do black jeans, but none that can be broken in and get the same wearmarks as indigo jeans - as far as I know

Any suggestions?

Quote:

Do any companies produce raw, black, selvage jeans? I know that Nudie do their Overdyed Black, Loomstate do some jeans that look like raw black but aren't, and Lee's and Levi's do black jeans, but none that can be broken in and get the same wearmarks as indigo jeans - as far as I know

Any suggestions?

--- Original message by Spike on May 9, 2005 05:35 PM

", but none that can be broken in and get the same wearmarks as indigo jeans "

black jeans aren't going to give you the same high contrasts as indigo since the dye usually has penetrated the whole yarn... youll still get some fading after a ton of wear but not to the extreme that indigo dyed jeans will give you. the indigo dye is pretty much a thin coating at the top of the fiber and will chip off over time revealing the white underneath... with black denim in my experience you just get more of a real faint grey that isnt well defined....

Quote:

Denime do their XX and 66 styles in black denim.

So does 45rpm (although the latter, not dry afaik)

Edited by ringring on May 11, 2005 at 12:09 PM

--- Original message by ringring on May 11, 2005 12:00 PM

Thank you ringring =)

Exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Now to track down some Denimes outside of Japan, or figuring out how to get them out of there