Helmut Lang 40" Inseam?!

zehero

I just won an auction for some Helmut Lang jeans for a measly 30 dollars. They seem to be raw/one wash. The thing is the inseam is listed as 40 inches. When I asked the seller about it just in case, he told me it was "so you can hem them to whatever length you want."

Maybe it's just me, but 40" is pretty long. APCs are at 35 and even diors are only 37. But 40? 29x40 is freakish. Is there any practical reason behind this god inseam? Denim for an emaciated Yao Ming? Mr. Lang's exaggerated reinterpretation of diors? Freak factory accident? It boggles the mind.

I guess these will be my diors

well i think in all serious the jeans can be taken in 1 of two ways

1. that theya re just that, execptionally long in the prospect of them being hemmed to fit the final owner.this is not uncommon, remmember those 28x42 levis a while back, they had the same situation of being ridiculously long but it was specifically stated taht they were meant to be hemmed.

2. that they do fit into the catagorie of the ultimate super skinny stacking dior homme aesthicly oriented jean. that they are meant to stack like a chimney

it is up to you to decide

hemmed for practicallity

stacked for diorgod

i was watching those jeans too...

actually they were listed before and i was watching them then also but they didnt get any bids so the seller relisted them.

Anyway, i really was interested, but the seller WOULD NOT answer any of my questions... and the description of the jeans was very vague and didnt say much...

i emailed the seller like twice each auction, and finally i got a reply today after the auction had ended! Makes me mad that there are such irresponsible sellers on ebay... i shouldnt have even had to ask questions in the first place, the description should have been more descriptive.

Anyway, let me know what they are like when you get them!

i was watching those jeans too...

actually they were listed before and i was watching them then also but they didnt get any bids so the seller relisted them.

Anyway, i really was interested, but the seller WOULD NOT answer any of my questions... and the description of the jeans was very vague and didnt say much...

i emailed the seller like twice each auction, and finally i got a reply today after the auction had ended! Makes me mad that there are such irresponsible sellers on ebay... i shouldnt have even had to ask questions in the first place, the description should have been more descriptive.

Anyway, let me know what they are like when you get them!

What did the reply say? let me know, man

What did the reply say? let me know, man

ok.. in the question to the seller i had asked what the inside tags says (the one that was pictured but far too blurry in the pic to read), if they had been worn or washed at all, and if they were stretch denim (some HL womens jeans are) or 100% cotton denim.

the reply from the seller was "100 cotton brand new". thats it, that was exactly how the response read. Either i was dealing with a moron or someone with less than adequate command of the english language.

ok.. in the question to the seller i had asked what the inside tags says (the one that was pictured but far too blurry in the pic to read), if they had been worn or washed at all, and if they were stretch denim (some HL womens jeans are) or 100% cotton denim.

the reply from the seller was "100 cotton brand new". thats it, that was exactly how the response read. Either i was dealing with a moron or someone with less than adequate command of the english language.

Ridiculous. Service and communication, especially online, is vital to pullin in customers.

Update time. Just got these in the mail. 100% cotton, raw, yellow selvage. didn't think helmut langs were selvage. Great color, greyish green tint to the indigo.

Measured 31" by 40". I'm hot soaking them right now. Hem is at 7.7" pre-soak. I'll tailor them to 7 most likely.

Pics coming after the soak and dry.

soak.jpg