are these evisu fakes?

big_w

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know why it bugs me so much to see people join to ask if evisus are real. like if i was a mod the banned stick would swing on anyone asking 'are these evisus fake' and less than 5 posts. sorry just venting

Looks pretty fake. The red-tab just seems very poorly placed, I believe it should be a little down more. The gulls looks off, but Evisu did start doing this with their other items, but usually I think it's aligned with the line.

You should check the inside pockets, see if they have writings on them, because they usually do. I think on the left, there should be another tag on it...

The copper rivets as well.

i dont know why it bugs me so much to see people join to ask if evisus are real. like if i was a mod the banned stick would swing on anyone asking 'are these evisus fake' and less than 5 posts. sorry just venting

be nice, he's not done anything yet but ask a harmless question nicely... :)

cheers for the advice guys, im well sorry if i got on peoples nerves, i had no intention to, just seemed like this forum was a place to talk about denim, and from what i read some of you folks seemed to know ya stuff. so far it seems these are a touch dodgy, which is what i thought

its not you personally dude, its the fact that i have seen countless of times cats join to ask if their evisu are real then disappear, basically causing clutter. if you stay and become a prominent member i apoligize but otherwise, do your own homework.

-__- so i wouldv'e been banned if it were up to you hmmm....i remember my first post...."are these edwins real?" saw it up on ebay, then another one "are these evisu's real" - thx to numero_uno_3xl, he showed me the ropes and here i am lol

I have seen some pretty horrible evisu fakes. Thje easiest way to tell they were fake was the selvage line. The fakes i saw had a printed strip of fabric that had a selvage-esque design on it sewn ove the edges of the ends of the denim. That and the lack of chainstitching. I guess my question is - Why would anyone go to the expense of making a selvage fakes. It seems that that would be the easiest way to tell a fake from the real thing. It seems like too mcuh trouble to go through to make a fake.

cheers guys and girls, thanks to your advice i have managed to convince my mate these are fakes and he has already gotten a refund. as for whether or not i stay around, well, it should be pretty clear that i have very little knowledge on the subject of denim, but have enjoyed reading through some of the threads. if i feel i can constructively contribute here i will, thats what these forums are all about in my opinion. like i said tho, thanks folks!

cheers guys and girls, thanks to your advice i have managed to convince my mate these are fakes and he has already gotten a refund. as for whether or not i stay around, well, it should be pretty clear that i have very little knowledge on the subject of denim, but have enjoyed reading through some of the threads. if i feel i can constructively contribute here i will, thats what these forums are all about in my opinion. like i said tho, thanks folks!

Aww, come on now, stay on! It's fun to post here.

I have 2 pair of Japanese ones...but they stopped selling them in the stores I go to ..only EU ED now...since I wear a big size..any other japanese denim I would get but they don't carry my size...which is 38 lol gotta lose some weight i guess

I have 2 pair of Japanese ones...but they stopped selling them in the stores I go to ..only EU ED now...since I wear a big size..any other japanese denim I would get but they don't carry my size...which is 38 lol gotta lose some weight i guess

Dude, I wear size 38 and above too. And a lot of Japanese companies make a size 40.

Here is a few that I managed to cop in a huge size.

- 45rpm

- Samurai Jeans

- Sugar Canes

- Full Count

- Flat Head

- Oni Denim

Heck all of them carry a large size. And if you are looking for a bigger selection, take a trip down to the RRL store. Prince/Mott street on the east side, and there's one on the west side too. They make up to a 40, but its more like a 42. I actually have to size down. The new slim jean is awesome.

Then there's Blue In Green. There are a lot of threads on this store. They sell online too. You can run down to the store and try on the above mentioned Japanese brands. 8 Greene Street off of Canal Street.

Good luck!