LVC authenticity check 505s

nightdeposit

hey, so i got these in the mail today, an ebay purchase. as soon as i pulled them out of the package, i thought there was something slightly 'off' about them. theyre unworn, Levis 505-0217, 555 stamped on the back of the button. the thing that struck me was the zipper, did or does LVC use 'blank' zippers? i dont really have any decent knowledge of the LVC line, but I assume that the '0100' on the inner leg tag means they were made in 2000. the paper tag also looks a little off, the numbers look like different fonts...

anyway, i figure there must be fake LVC stuff out there, and I wondering if this might be it. but would they really go through the trouble of all the details? since i dont really know what to expect in LVC's details, as I only have a Japanese 47 501 to compare them to, perhaps its these details that seem sort of sloppy...maybe the fact that i bought them 'outside' of an actual ebay auction, from turkey, and i spent a bit of cash has me paranoid, hence my questions for the experts.

anyone care to comment? airfrog?...paul t?...

thanks.lvcfullshot.jpg

lvcbutton.jpg

lvccuffandselvedge.jpglvcwhitetag.jpglvczipper.jpglvcbuttonstamp.jpg

they are fake.

redline would be pink colored, and the 555 stamp is way off.

also, the denim shouldn't have that kind of sheen & purpleish color. should be deep blue and hairy.

blank zipper is not a problem. some early lvc even have yyk stamped zippers.

i have an authentic pair of 555 stamped 505's, too bad they are not with me or i can take some pictures for you.

they are fake.

also, the denim shouldn't have that kind of sheen & purpleish color. should be deep blue and hairy.

blank zipper is not a problem. some early lvc even have yyk stamped zippers.

i have an authentic pair of 555 stamped 55's, too bad they are not with me or i can take some pictures for you.

yeah, damn, i had a feeling. ouch, that hurts. yeah, they are sort of 'slick' theyre not hairy in the least. the denim actually reminds me of apc's denim these days.

would they also have a selvedge coin pocket? these dont. the chain stitching seems weird too, its not 'tight' like most ive seen. its amazing, the inner leg tag even has silver thread in it... they almost got it 'right'...

F*$%!

...i should have known better. i doubt im getting my $$$ back. maybe i'll soak them and rock 'em.

Hey nightdeposit!

how are your eternals that i traded you coming along?

Your LVC 47's are coming along great :)

Thanks again bro

hey man! theyre sitting in my closet, ive got so many pairs going now, ive only taken the tags off and worn them twice, im still trying to break another pair of 811's in!!!

good to hear about those 47s coming along, lets see photos sometime...

anybody want to trade for a pair of fake LVC?:rolleyes:

Without having them in my hands to look at the leg tag looks right. the 555 on the button back hmmm???

thats one of the things that jumped out at me.. it looks 'rough'. sloppily done for sure.

but if these are fake, whos doing this? i mean, they even did the bar tacking and reinforced the belt loop stiches. and the denim isnt bad, i wonder where its from?

i dont mind having them, im just out a bit of dough:eek:

they are fake.

I'm sure the 2007 '67 505 is NOT hairy - I've handled them myself at two different shops in London.

The denim is actually smooth and shiny. And sanforised.

Not sure about the other details though.

The tag looks OK I'd say again without handling them there OK. What's ya pay?

buck eighty, shipped. they dont look as 'purple' as still suggested earlier in this thread. and if these are honest to god lvcs, would it be cone mills? in that case, it wouldnt be hairy, i wouldnt think. did i guess the prod date right off of the tag?

buck eighty, shipped. they dont look as 'purple' as still suggested earlier in this thread. and if these are honest to god lvcs, would it be cone mills? in that case, it wouldnt be hairy, i wouldnt think. did i guess the prod date right off of the tag?

It's Kaihara if you have this season's '67 505

lvc03vj7.jpg

Possibly a pair of LVC's from another season faked to be 555's?

Besides the sloppy stamp and blank zip, they look fine, I have 3 pairs of 505's with selvage that looks similar. Maybe someone just stamped '555' on the button so they could sell them for more. Denim looks fine too, none of my 505's are hairy, they are slick and shiny like APC's.

Besides the sloppy stamp and blank zip, they look fine, I have 3 pairs of 505's with selvage that looks similar. Maybe someone just stamped '555' on the button so they could sell them for more. Denim looks fine too, none of my 505's are hairy, they are slick and shiny like APC's.

yeah, theyre not bad, a little sloppy and mysterious, but probaly a decent pair of jeans, i just wish i could really id these...

The problem would be faking the tag inside the leg and it indicates they are 555 from oct 2000. Now if someone got a bunch of those tags from someone at levis but to manufacture those tags hhmmm I donno?

Well the seller has neg. feedback from another transaction involving LVC stuff...

Looks sketchy.

Either way they look like a nice pair of jeans so I would just wear them if that is what you bought them for. Most of the details are right, at least all of the visible ones so unless they were purchased as a collectors item they will still probably be a nice pair of jeans to wear.

The problem would be faking the tag inside the leg and it indicates they are 555 from oct 2000. Now if someone got a bunch of those tags from someone at levis but to manufacture those tags hhmmm I donno?

i wonder, if you could get rivets, buttons made with levis info on them, fabricate a red tag, then why not a white tag with silver thread on the inside? seems like a lot of work...

Well the seller has neg. feedback from another transaction involving LVC stuff...

Looks sketchy.

Either way they look like a nice pair of jeans so I would just wear them if that is what you bought them for. Most of the details are right, at least all of the visible ones so unless they were purchased as a collectors item they will still probably be a nice pair of jeans to wear.

i know, i know, it did seem slightly sketchy, but my communication with him felt okay and at the end of the day, an impulse buy. even if they are fake, they arent bad. i was going to wear them regardless. it just irked me enough to post them up here, see what some of you had to say. i appreciate the opinions..

i wonder, if you could get rivets, buttons made with levis info on them, fabricate a red tag, then why not a white tag with silver thread on the inside? seems like a lot of work...

You are right its just I haven't seen any fakes with that tag. That doesn't mean they're not out there. Has anyone else seen that type of tag on a LVC fake?

hold up, levi's lvc's are made in the usa again now?

quick lvc ebay search, all of this guy's shit is FAKE

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZosakavintageQQhtZ-1

such an easy thai fade spot

They never stopped making them in the US. They just make'm in allot of other places to. My LVCs are all US. You're right about all the rest of his stuff. It all looks bogus.

concerning the selvage: the newer jeans a a slimmer slevage, the older one had a wider selvage with a 555 pocket print on the backside, the tag looks different nowadays..

you have two possiblilities:

a. limited one and produced in 555, does the jeans has a hollogramm?

the quality makes us suspicious

b. fake

can't give you an advise

cultizm

blue.jpg