LVC authenticity check 505s

nightdeposit

so this is just comedy to me at this point. i emailed the guy, told him i thought they might be fake and why. heres his reply.

"Hi...

First of all they are authentic levis...rest assured I do not sell fake items (By the way if anyone can make fakes like these then please point me to that direction) On some items levis does not always have perfect craftmanship but I challenge anyone who says they are fake. (Dont forget the redline in the inner denim...this no one in the world has except levis)

And just to make you feel better they where given to me as a present from the Levis Marketing Manager who recieved them from SF directly. (Just like all other items I get 100% authentic)

There is so many made that its very hard to trace how and why the stamp isnt clearer or a stitching as a bit crookedness.

If all fails u still should be aware of the denim quality itself; a dark denim blue which you dont get anywhere else...on any other jean.

I dont wanna sound like Im haggling you but seriously enjoy this pair which you usually wouldnt be able to find (if it was a fake there would be more around anyway)"

so there it is. obviously, he doesnt fully know what hes talking about... whats one to do?

i dunno, gonna soak them and wear them. who really cares anyway?

as someone on here once said, theyre just jeans....

• 4 months later...

I really believe, that these 505s are legit, I once had a pair them aswell with a plain zipper and narrow selvage, no I own a pair off 517s 555 button, these got also a plain zipper, I guess all early LVCs zippers were plain, later then, they took scovill.

these are to detailed and worked good to be a fake... btw: aren´t all the incredible high prised japans fakes too? so who cares!?

ONly just noticed this, but Im not at all convinced they're fake - the denim looks right, as far as you can tell from photos, and tho I haven't compared like for like, inner tag and other details do, too. I haven't seen any 505 fakes yet, if they'd surfaced I would expect to see more than has been the case.

hahaha, i had forgotten about this thread!

btw: aren´t all the incredible high prised japans fakes too? so who cares!?

truth. yeah, i dont care, ive been wearing these and loving 'em!

ONly just noticed this, but Im not at all convinced they're fake - the denim looks right, as far as you can tell from photos, and tho I haven't compared like for like, inner tag and other details do, too. I haven't seen any 505 fakes yet, if they'd surfaced I would expect to see more than has been the case.

thanks for pitching in on this Paul. in retrospect, i think the thing that sort of stuck with me is that they just seemed, well, sloppily made. at the time i only had experience with LVC japan and other japanese mfgs, and some of the stitching and details on these 505s just didnt look that professional, i was almost surprised that they could fetch the sort of prices that they did.

i have since picked up a pair of 47 501s, made in 01 @ valencia street, and they are better in construction...

anyway, i really appreciate the feedback from everyone, thats one of the things you can count on here, so, many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...