australia :: perth :: shopping

home

Popping over to Perth for a few days and wanted to know if anyone could recommend any good shops to check out

not really into stereotypical streetwear, more tsubi, april 66, acne, schmoove, dior homme, etc. etc.

all comments are appreciated!

im a bit put off by fiasco, after i saw how much the price was for the knowledge stuff they got in from hk. t-shirts that cost aprox aud $ 46 in hk cost $80 at fiasco. They have l/s tee for aud$ 150 +. I know it would definately be cheaper in hk but i think they do increase their prices too much.

i never expected to see a perth thread here.

to be perfectly honest, there isn't a lot of good shopping in perth. i do the vast majority of my shopping online these days. there are a few decent places here and there though...

highs and lows - beaufort st, mt lawley - trainers (nike, vans, feit, lacoste etc), skate-ish stuff, fred prery, levis....

realm - king st, city - probably my favourite store in perth. fred perry, trovata, clarks, YMC, paul smith, umbro x kim jones

subway dc - king st city, st quentins ave claremont and market st fremantle - nudie, g star, claude maus, masque, pam

father - claremont - tsubi, trovata, zanerobe, father

none of these places will set the world on fire. hope this is of some help though.

• 1 month later...
i never expected to see a perth thread here.

to be perfectly honest, there isn't a lot of good shopping in perth. i do the vast majority of my shopping online these days. there are a few decent places here and there though...

highs and lows - beaufort st, mt lawley - trainers (nike, vans, feit, lacoste etc), skate-ish stuff, fred prery, levis....

realm - king st, city - probably my favourite store in perth. fred perry, trovata, clarks, YMC, paul smith, umbro x kim jones

subway dc - king st city, st quentins ave claremont and market st fremantle - nudie, g star, claude maus, masque, pam

father - claremont - tsubi, trovata, zanerobe, father

none of these places will set the world on fire. hope this is of some help though.

Seeing that you're from Perth. I was wondering, what are some stuff that's sold in Australia, Perth specifically that you wouldn't find easily elsewhere?

Perth shopping is really limited, however just go and check out King's St and Claremount.

HarbourTown provides some factory outlet shopping which includes Nike and Adidas.

Gucci in King St is also nice. Its one of the cheapest priced Gucci comparing to Hong

Kong and Singapore, not sure if its the same in the whole of Australia.

Varga Girl in King St also sells Tsubi for men, True Religion for Women and other kinds of jeans.

Subiaco might also be a place worth a look at.

Perth shopping is really limited, however just go and check out King's St and Claremount.

HarbourTown provides some factory outlet shopping which includes Nike and Adidas.

Gucci in King St is also nice. Its one of the cheapest priced Gucci comparing to Hong

Kong and Singapore, not sure if its the same in the whole of Australia.

Varga Girl in King St also sells Tsubi for men, True Religion for Women and other kinds of jeans.

Subiaco might also be a place worth a look at.

Cool, aren't there any cool aussie designers though?

• 11 months later...
http://www.dropstitch.com.au/ (perth fashion blog) has done profiles of many of the smaller local boutiques - several have opened up in the past year or two (don't expect too much from em though, at least as far as sufu brands go...)

My friend runs dropstitch, its a great little site.

Wasteland on King St is ok, but could be way better.

Then just down the road on William is Dee's shop.. cant remember the name.. Dillanties or something along those lines ( Probably way off )

Subway Dc has some decent clothes but nothing amazing.. carhartt, evisu, a couple edwin jeans.. and a load of crap ( 2 seasons old as well )G-Star.

Like jpgm mentioned, Realm.. probably one of the better stores. Has Filipa K and ymc.

Atlas Divine on Oxford Street Leederville has a few okay labels although the store is packed like a tin of sardines.

Perth is pretty empty.. but a lot of decent places are popping up

welcome btbam!

nyepovia is worth checking out....its down williams lane in northbridge

from memory, they stock raf simons, surface to air, jeremy scott, house of holland and a bunch of other stuff. stock is pretty limited though, or at least it was when i last went in.

the store btbam referred to is dilettante, on wellington street, just near king st.

ahh no shit!

thats cool man, come down for sure. say howdy at the show!

have we met before...?

yeah all is going well dude....we had our comeback show a few weeks ago at the hydey, and have played a couple more since then. good to be back, finally!

Chanced upon the just opened Dilettante when I was in Perth last Dec. Stocked Viridi Anne, Undercover, Azumi and David, Anne Valerie Hash, Westwood and other stuff. Was a total surprise for me as I had extremely low expectations of shopping in Perth. The staff were pretty nice to talk to, although it sucked to have to pay full price at the end of the season. They mentioned a new mens store with a similar vibe opening near Queen's street, anyone has info on that? Might give me a reason to want to visit my relatives there again.

Oooh very nice, I thought shopping was going to be really quiet when I got there.

On a different not how is public transport there? It's going to cost me $1500 to ship my car over and am considering just selling it...

Great news about the stocking of JRs, will be looking to get a pair.

+rep to all the replies below my previous :D

• 2 weeks later...
On a different not how is public transport there? It's going to cost me $1500 to ship my car over and am considering just selling it...

Public transport is absolutely fine in Perth. It's probably not as extensive as the east coast but unless you're going to house parties in Armadale or outlet shopping in Innaloo, it's going to get you where you want to go. Parking isn't great in the CBD and most of the time you have to park on the street (which is a nightmare in places like Subiaco and Claremont) so it's faster and less of a headache just to take trains or busses around.

Just sell your car, it's probably not worth keeping if you'll be living close to the city proper.

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone recommend a good hairdresser in perth for men? For around 45 to 65 for a men's haircut?

lee preston in south perth is brilliant...theyve won australian hairdresser of the year numerous times. its normally 65-70, but you get what you pay for.

PM me if you end up going there - i think if you mention that i referred you, i get some sort of voucher i can give to someone else.....may end up being able to get you a discount.