Signature Look:

Favorite shoes:

Style icon(s):

currently:

martin margelia

leatherjacket/trench/random tee/ tsubi denim

kim jones white"wedge"

richard hell (voivods era)/ arturo vega

ah, so i take it you dress like a modern, artisanal steve mcqueen of sorts...good looks.

steve mcqueen def deserves the style icon label, but i prefer his gentlemen look of le mans, or his casual/suits in the thomas crown affair. i can see how you would think of him from bullit or mannix, but thats not really my thing. thanks though.

Favorite designer/tailor: hedi slimane, raf simons, viktor horsting & rolf snoeren

Signature Look: tuque + tee + jeans + cons

Favorite shoes: converse chucks, bespoke lace-ups by olga berluti

Style icon(s): asano tadanobu, hamish bowles, hiroshi fujiwara, kate moss

Favorite designer/tailor:Not very into designers but I'd have to say Marc Jacobs, Jean Tautou (Sp?)

Signature Look: Full-zip hood, Plain tee, Slim jeans, Vans...really simple and clean

Favorite shoes: Vans Authentic/Era

Style icon(s): Don't really know...people who wear nice-fitting simple clothes.

Favorite designer/tailor: right now loving thom browne and stone island

Signature Look: fred perry t-shirts, denim, black sweater

Favorite shoes: wallabees, vans era/authentics

Style icon(s): modern streetwear meets the originators -- original skinheads, rudeboys, paul weller, slaughter and the dogs, 90s crust punk, the depressions, carnaby st... blah blah

If we're doin movie characters i may as well add: Takeshi Kitano in any of his films. I have a feeling he dresses like that in real life too.

i am sure that his type of clothes look way better on one with physical attributes like yourself.

the image i get from movies of his is the modern yakuza look, not low looking chimpira (not including blood and bones or battle royal of course). i come to think that he is inspired by the modern crime movie attire of robert deniro or the old movies of harveiy keitel. i remember when he was trying hard to look like part of reservoir dogs. i guess he would be mister yellow...

cool thread. I'm sort of going to modify it a bit.

• Favorite designer/tailor: too many to choose from and not enough experience to answer definitively. ask me in ten years.
  • Signature Looks/pieces: cargo pants; slim hoodies; layered tees/buttonups/cardigans; dangly shit hanging off my wrist; clothing with superfluous straps; neckwear. this is for right now -- who knows when or how it'll change.
  • Favorite shoes: white Chucks; laceup combat boots with elongated toes; chukka boots; Stan Smiths; anything from Alfredo Bannister; anything handmade and artisanal
  • Style icon(s): Trent Reznor (circa Lollapalooza '91); Sean Booth+Rob Brown (Autechre); Karl Hyde (Underworld); Bauhaus (the architects); Trainspotting (the movie + the activity); razorblades, big buckles, huge pieces of glass, black leather, flowing fabric, and everyone who has ever been nonchalant.

Favorite designer/tailor: Ralph Lauren....

Signature Look: Tweed cap, deep v-neck tee, slim jeans, chelsea boots

Favorite shoes: Tan R.M. Williams chiseled toe chelsea boots / Visvims

Style icon(s): Gianni Agnelli, James Bond, 90's Football hooligans

This thread will be great to do again in a year to see how tastes have changed.......

Favorite designer/tailor: Ralph Lauren....

Signature Look: Tweed cap, deep v-neck tee, slim jeans, chelsea boots

Favorite shoes: Tan R.M. Williams chiseled toe chelsea boots / Visvims

Style icon(s): Gianni Agnelli, James Bond

This thread will be great to do again in a year to see how tastes have changed.......

dope. american renassaince man with modern visvims sneaks.

which james bond? timothy dalton??

i am sure that his type of clothes look way better on one with physical attributes like yourself.

the image i get from movies of his is the modern yakuza look, not low looking chimpira (not including blood and bones or battle royal of course). i come to think that he is inspired by the modern crime movie attire of robert deniro or the old movies of harveiy keitel. i remember when he was trying hard to look like part of reservoir dogs. i guess he would be mister yellow...

yeah i have a weird fascination with style in gangster cinema. that's pretty much the way i wear my suits. it's probably not something that should be romanticized but it just looks and feels cool as hell, on a surface level at least.

yeah i have a weird fascination with style in gangster cinema. that's pretty much the way i wear my suits. it's probably not something that should be romanticized but it just looks and feels cool as hell, on a surface level at least.

yeah i imagine you like the "white collar criminal" or professional criminal look that doesn't draw attention at the banks.

i love 60's alan delon from his melville films. he was mj's "smooth criminal" incarnate.

it would be kind of nice, if people elaborated on their style icons. kind of like how minay did. like why? or more specific imagery. just for fun of course.

Mine:

Yohji Yamamoto: i love his approach to style because of the uniformity, pared down aspect along with the aesthetic which feels dark, pure and sublime.

Daniel Craig: effortless and masculine, swagger...

Kanye: i like his unapologetic arrogance, how he's more concerned with 'getting it right' than making people happy, as john legend put it.

If we're doin movie characters i may as well add: Takeshi Kitano in any of his films. I have a feeling he dresses like that in real life too.

I have a feeling you're going to love this: Kitano used to dress really bad because he didn't care and perceived members of the fashion community as effete and artificial, all this changed when he met Yamamoto, who now dresses him quite well. They got along because Yohji is very "old japan", humble and manly + he loves drinking, women and karate.

Favorite designer/tailor: This is a very hard question, maybe Margiela because I love his shows and the ideas he put forward. He's really a designer's designer, managing to be both down to earth and conceptually ambitious.

Signature Look: black blazer+white tee+slim jeans+converse or ankle boots. All silver/metallic jewelry and watch

Favorite shoes: Chucks because of the contrast between the intemporality of the design and the ephemeral nature of the object.

Style icon(s): Alain Delon, Jean-Luc Godard, Serge Gainsbourg, Sid Vicious, Johnny Thunders