How do you keep your clothes looking new?

reyes2

do you guys machine wash your tees? dry clean? hand wash? what do you do.

I find it helps to actually follow the directions on the tag. Also I tend to not wash a shirt unless It gets dirty or smells. Not wearing the same shirt very often also helps...

I find it helps to actually follow the directions on the tag. Also I tend to not wash a shirt unless It gets dirty or smells. Not wearing the same shirt very often also helps...

ha...I was just thinking the same thing...cold delicate wash if it has a softer handle or if it has detailed graphics printed on it. other solution is just have enough t-shirts that you hardly ever re wear one...

Having worked at a laundry for a couple of years partime I consider myself fairly knowledgeable on this subject. I find that most everyday clothes no matter the color tend to get clean using delicate cycle with cold water. Additionally, it seems to me the that the dryer does more damage to clothes than the washer so, a clothesline to dry will preserve your favorite pieces much better than a dryer. I agree that just not washing everytime helps as well. I wear an undershirt so I don't really have to wash anything everytime I wear it unless I get a stain on it.

the method i use to try and keep stuff fresh looking is to turn the item inside-out, wash gentle cycle, cold, using woolite, and hang dry on a fold-able towel rack or drying rack. I don't do this with everything, but i do do it on stuff that i don't want to shrink or fade. and yeah, only wash it if it stinks or is dirty...spot-cleaning with just water and a towel can keep things out of the wash longer as well.

the method i use to try and keep stuff fresh looking is to turn the item inside-out, wash gentle cycle, cold, using woolite, and hang dry on a fold-able towel rack or drying rack. I don't do this with everything, but i do do it on stuff that i don't want to shrink or fade. and yeah, only wash it if it stinks or is dirty...spot-cleaning with just water and a towel can keep things out of the wash longer as well.

Yeah...me too.

Guest StuckOnStupid

the only thing i was on the hot cycle are socks and underwear now, its just unnecesary to boil your gear. using all natural detergent can help, phosphates suck the life and color out of gear. and yeah, the dryer is the enemy.

edit:

but who washes clothes yo? i be poppin tags and throwin them shits in the garbage after 2 or 3 wears.

baaallliinnnnnn

thats the best answer =)

Depends on the item. I usually wash things on warm + delicate then dry them on low tumble when I want something to shrink but stay looking new. Things I want to preserve, cold wash + delicate then hang dry.

And I never let anyone else in my family wash my clothing, as they all seem to ruin it. While my grandmother was visiting a few years back, she decided to be helpful and do my laundry for me. She adds bleach + hot water + detergant and throws them in the dryer on high heat for 80 minutes. That pretty much ruined everything I wore that week.

I have a few hand-wash only items that are sitting in a bin because I really don't know how to handwash stuff. Should I fill my washer with water and do it like that? I actually need a step by step guide because I'm obviously functionally retarded when it comes to this.