tailor work

dougriley1

my apc's, once again, have become too baggy in the leg and i don't feel like just putting them asside to never wear them again

now my question is, will the tailor fuck up any of the wear that i have already put into the denim? i have gone back to the same tailor twice and she did a real nice job hemming my jeans, does tapering take that much more skill that i should be concerned with letting just anyone do?

if you have any experience or ideas, lmk, thanks

my apc's, once again, have become too baggy in the leg and i don't feel like just putting them asside to never wear them again

now my question is, will the tailor fuck up any of the wear that i have already put into the denim? i have gone back to the same tailor twice and she did a real nice job hemming my jeans, does tapering take that much more skill that i should be concerned with letting just anyone do?

this is what keeps me from getting apc. which model do you own? i'm thinking of getting a new cure but..

do a search. im pretty sure there are a lot of threads that answers your questions.. i'm sure there is a similar one on the APC thread.

but to save you from the rigorous task of searching this forum, here's some of the answers.

if you have already developed some whiskers and defined fading, then altering them might be not the best option. do a hot soak. it might shrink the denim but i'm not sure though. if that failed, then go to a descent tailor and have them altered. if that dont work either, you should throw your APC's away or better yet, give them to me. :D

I'm going to piggy back my question on this thread so as not to anger the gods.

I've got some 3 monthish old jeans that are getting a small hole in the crotch, I'm thinking I should get them to a tailor to throw some more denim on the inside before it gets to big, but am I a bad person if I give them to the tailor without washing them first?

I don't want to go to hell for being evil so please let me know, I guess this is more of a moral question.

God bless.

I've got some 3 monthish old jeans that are getting a small hole in the crotch, I'm thinking I should get them to a tailor to throw some more denim on the inside before it gets to big, but am I a bad person if I give them to the tailor without washing them first?

Have you checked out this thread? The guy goes to his tailor to get his jeans fixed every few months and he's never washed his jeans. In four years.

yeah, thats me with the filthy jeans. don't be afraid to give it to them. how bad could they really smell? your jeans will thank you. besides a crotch fix is easy and hard to mess up.

If you are taking your jeans (especially ones that you have put a lot of time into) to a tailor make sure you would trust them with your first born. I've had jeans butchered by bad tailors. be very clear in what you want and more importantly what you DON'T want them to do. A decent tailor should be able to take a bit of fabric from the inseam and have them taken in. They should also be able to replicate the stitch as well. However, if there are clear wear patterns these mught get shifted towards the inside of the leg if fabric is taken in from the inside. you might have to get them taken in slightly from both sides.

In short, its a bit of a gamble, but fo rhte right price a decent tailor sould be able to do a good job. Inany case, better than them sitting in a drawer.